20180525_153306.jpg

20180525_153241.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the last one best. Height difference works well I think.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the archway on the right, but not sure about the stack on the left yet.

The hardest thing about the initial aquascapeing is to resist the urge to go tall with the rock. If you go too tall, you have less vertical space for coral to grow into. Many of the best grown out tanks almost always have a lower rock base (about half height of the display tank), and the coral grow up to fill the space.

It's also easy enough to add more rock later if you still feel you need the height. Plus, fish love it when you add new rock and change up the environment ever once in a while.

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the archway on the right, but not sure about the stack on the left yet.

The hardest thing about the initial aquascapeing is to resist the urge to go tall with the rock. If you go too tall, you have less vertical space for coral to grow into. Many of the best grown out tanks almost always have a lower rock base (about half height of the display tank), and the coral grow up to fill the space.

It's also easy enough to add more rock later if you still feel you need the height. Plus, fish love it when you add new rock and change up the environment ever once in a while.
You are 100% right nothing at least at this point is done all the rock ar just sitting so time to move things Thanks

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Started Last night late LOL when I turned my pumps on I had water shoot 25 feet across the room. I installed 2 Neptune flow meter on each return pump, well one didn't have the O ring in it lol I know beter should have looked closer. Had an O ring from my Cor pumps but when I found it I panicked cause I needed to get it running. so I ordered a new one well I will have a back up now, I don't evan have them hooked up yet lol. Got Water in the System now one very small leak, on a Union, I will go buy a new one tomorrow or Tuesday and replace the O ring I am pretty sure that's all it is. Got the Cor pumps only running at 34% it looks like I have a huge turn over but have to wait till I hook up the flow meters to see.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following along...

I was looking a the setup today and it's hard to tell, without water in it yet but you may need to add an extra loc-line knuckle to each return with the RFG nozzles. They look pretty close to the same level as the overflow grills, and they will need to be fully submerged to work the way they are intended.

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following along...

I was looking a the setup today and it's hard to tell, without water in it yet but you may need to add an extra loc-line knuckle to each return with the RFG nozzles. They look pretty close to the same level as the overflow grills, and they will need to be fully submerged to work the way they are intended.
I will send some pictures tomorrow, they are under water tank is still full of sand film it will clear in a day or 2 but it's running now!!!! lol

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Rock is in and glued like the last picture it will be good for coral, I got the sand in and water in and tank is cycling now. added some shrimp. I was going to take pictures tonight but I decided to install the Gyre, lol sand storm again. I will have plenty of flow, Got the ATO line temporally run not sure how I will do this yet.

Tankme USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came today yes I waited along time but Tank Me USA is worth the wait. This tank is the best by far that I have ever had. Just a side note, I am still stronger than my 28 year old son lol. this is a heave tank :D

20180508_192832.jpg
Thank you very much for giving us this opportunity and for your patience, it was a real pleasure working with you Mr Mark.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back