Maroon Clown with popeye

PasoFish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have a maroon clown pair, the female of which i noticed about a week ago with popeye. Since one eye was worse than the other, but both were still "popped" out, I figured this was bacterial and not an injury. I moved the pair into my pre set up hospital tank and treated with "KanaPlex" from seachem. Followed the routine for a week dosing every 48 hours. I noticed a slight reduction in the worse eye, however both eyes are still popped out. She still acts completely normal and eats with a great appetite. Eye is clear and not cloudy. Should I try a different antibiotic? Kanaplex is the only one available at the only LFS near my house, which is why I chose that. At this point I figured I can give her a different treatment or try deflating it. Thanks in advance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello all,
I have a maroon clown pair, the female of which i noticed about a week ago with popeye. Since one eye was worse than the other, but both were still "popped" out, I figured this was bacterial and not an injury. I moved the pair into my pre set up hospital tank and treated with "KanaPlex" from seachem. Followed the routine for a week dosing every 48 hours. I noticed a slight reduction in the worse eye, however both eyes are still popped out. She still acts completely normal and eats with a great appetite. Eye is clear and not cloudy. Should I try a different antibiotic? Kanaplex is the only one available at the only LFS near my house, which is why I chose that. At this point I figured I can give her a different treatment or try deflating it. Thanks in advance.
A pic under white lighting will be helpful but sounds like it may be injury and treatment in quarantine for at least 5 days will be Maracyn AKA Maracyn one

OP
OP
P

PasoFish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pic under white lighting will be helpful but sounds like it may be injury and treatment in quarantine for at least 5 days will be Maracyn AKA Maracyn one
I'll grab one as soon as I can, I'm at work for a couple days now though. I'll order some Maracyn, that was my initial feeling on it after reading up the first day.

OP
OP
P

PasoFish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, home from work finally. Unfortunately I'm leaving for 3 days tomorrow so I'm not sure what the proper course of action is from here. She is still behaving normally and eating great so I'm not too worried about the next couple days minus the fact I won't be here or be able to observe other than remotely by camera.

Anyway, here is a video. Slightly better since being treated with the KanaPlex, however not back to normal appearance. I also noticed a couple little white markings on her face by the head bar and by her nose, not sure what that is.

Video is attached, I think I did it properly. Also, sound warning, toddler background noise.

OP
OP
P

PasoFish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems as though the video didn't attach. Let's try this again.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Seems as though the video didn't attach. Let's try this again.

Cant get vides to play but still go with the maracyn treatment

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back