Maroon Lagoon V2.0

Hey there any updates on the reef?
 
It's been a week full of lighting projects. First I removed my hood and tore out the lights and revamped it. So far I'm pleased with the result, I definitely have more control over lighting intensity and coloration throughout the day.
9de147a297867d01a2fce2d51fad00eb.jpg


My current setup running everything at 100% looks the closest to a sunlit reef I have ever seen. It's not quite in line with the current fad of all actinics all the time, but I like the natural look and I'm excited to see the results on coral health and growth.
c8b740f161b0062b60e56c0aef1ad7b7.jpg


I also tore apart my Orphek Atlantik and replaced the V1 guts with V4 diodes and board. I can now control this light better too, it will be going over a species specific tank in the future.
88c7ce44f2b4bc96f6d961a2ee8a8de4.jpg

Phew! That was a lot of light projects for one week [emoji28]
Do you still have the controller you used on the V1 before upgrading it? I have a V1 that I can not change the light schedule on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new