Maroon Lightning Juvenile not Eating

bjohnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have bought a maroon lightning clown that I plan to try pairing to my existing maroon lightning. However, it has been over a week now since I purchased it but it still has not eaten. I have tried emerald entrée, mysis shrimp, new life spectrum pellets, ocean nutrition prime flakes, and even letting him try biting pieces off of raw tilapia and cod. This combination has always worked for any fish fresh/salt but I cannot get it to work for him. Does anyone have any suggestions on type of foods? He is about an inch and swimming fine and has no visual signs of any sickness or abnormalities. The water parameters for his tank has good water parameters and is an established quarantine tank with nothing in there but him. The picture is kind of blurry but I didn't know if someone could tell something I couldn't.

1619231219487.png

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where would you suggest getting some because I don't like any where local has any? also just making sure BBS is baby brine right?
yes BBS is baby brine. Without any local stores, your only bet is getting it online. When you get them, just make a very simple hatchery and they shoukd hatch within a day or two.

OP
OP
B

bjohnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes BBS is baby brine. Without any local stores, your only bet is getting it online. When you get them, just make a very simple hatchery and they shoukd hatch within a day or two.
I will try and do this thanks! But for others I am still looking for any other ideas to try as well if someone has ran into this problem.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a new Darwin Ocellaris do the same thing a couple months ago. It wouldn’t eat anything for around ten days, all params were fine, no signs of disease, and then one day he was just ravenous and has eaten like a pig since. Just got a littler one out of quarantine to pair with him and they are getting along swimmingly (it’s been about a week). They are pretty much inseparable, and the bigger original one has started attacking me whenever I put my hand in the tank (didn’t do that until I added the smaller one). So hopefully yours will pull through, just keep offering food, make sure it has somewhere to hide/host (even if it’s just a powerhead or pvc pipe). They can go a more than a couple weeks without eating and be just fine if they started at a healthy weight.

OP
OP
B

bjohnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a new Darwin Ocellaris do the same thing a couple months ago. It wouldn’t eat anything for around ten days, all params were fine, no signs of disease, and then one day he was just ravenous and has eaten like a pig since. Just got a littler one out of quarantine to pair with him and they are getting along swimmingly (it’s been about a week). They are pretty much inseparable, and the bigger original one has started attacking me whenever I put my hand in the tank (didn’t do that until I added the smaller one). So hopefully yours will pull through, just keep offering food, make sure it has somewhere to hide/host (even if it’s just a powerhead or pvc pipe). They can go a more than a couple weeks without eating and be just fine if they started at a healthy weight.
Thats good to hear did you try offering food each day or did you do some periods without offering?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats good to hear did you try offering food each day or did you do some periods without offering?
I tried every day (sometimes twice a day). I alternated between flakes, brine shrimp, mysis, and blood worms. The first time he ate it was brine shrimp.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back