OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to be irritated with the Fusion 30L. It is still cloudy. I don't know why. I took the rock out yesterday and blasted it in a plastic bin which removed all the debris. I did about 75% water change and still cloudy. It is not a bacterial bloom. It is suspended particles which the filtration is not removing which makes me hate the tank. I think I might just sell it and get something with a sump. Severely frustrated!!!!

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running carbon? AIOs can sometimes be a pain to get out the junk from the tank but with a barebottom it should be easy. Find where all the fish poop sits and suck it up when doing a water change.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running carbon? AIOs can sometimes be a pain to get out the junk from the tank but with a barebottom it should be easy. Find where all the fish poop sits and suck it up when doing a water change.

I always run carbon and its not fish poop. I have removed all the rock and used a pump to blast all the detritus off of them. While that was going on, I did roughly 75% water change in which I removed all all the detritus remaining in the front(display) and in the rear department. It should have cleared by now.

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. I have the same problem when I switched to my rimless 36g to a 30g AIO.. Now i'm switching back to a 40g that has a sump

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

*Changed filter pad in media rack last night to 100 micro filter pad.
*Tested water last night(7/20): Nitrite and Ammonia came back 0. Nitrate at 5.
*Just tested now(7/21): Same Results
* Tank still cloudy but a slightly less cloudy.

Wife states to just buy a new tank with a sump instead so I will do just that.

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will definitely try the east coast when I take my trip. Thanks! I am using a Nikon d3300. A gift from my wife. It's not the camera I wanted but I am starting to enjoy it. Yep, I used manual settings.

That's a nice gift ! Keep up the good pics. It's so sweet when you learn how to work the camera and take shots like that. I know how to use the camera but need to buy one already lol

Gabriel

jimmerpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<<Wife states to just buy a new tank with a sump instead so I will do just that.>>
Glad to see feedback on the Fusion 30L; I was really considering it. So what options are you looking at that have a sump?

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<<Wife states to just buy a new tank with a sump instead so I will do just that.>>
Glad to see feedback on the Fusion 30L; I was really considering it. So what options are you looking at that have a sump?
Probably get a SCA tank or if this tank isn't sold in 2 weeks, I will remove the AIO portion and drill it.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back