Mastertronic Essential - New tester coming soon?

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they doing for you? I was torn between those and the Mastertronic. Went Mastertronic in the end
Having two units, it's a bit of a mixed review so far - but it could come down to the reagents being used as I have not swapped around to fully determine the errors I am seeing on one of them.

Phosphate - This unit has been running perfectly and like clockwork since I installed it. It is consistently within 0.1 PPM +/- off the Hanna HI736 checker. I am very please with this unit and while I don't fully trust an automated tester, I have allowed this one to somewhat control phosphate dosing on my DT using a Reef Factory Pro X1 dosing pump.

Magnesium - I have experienced a variety of issues with this unit, most of which I (as well as RF support) expect to be related to dodgy reagents. I have replaced reagents three times, done numerous calibrations and verifications and a variety of other fault finding. The first couple of measures were well within what I test with my Red Sea test kit as well as my Trident - since then it started to drift landing abt. 300 ppm off before failing completely.

I did have faulty reading of constant 3010 ppm before it started giving me a number of different error codes. After working with RF Support for about two weeks, I am awaiting a new unit and new reagents.

It is worth noticing that the second unit has been bought to test for Nitrate - reagents have not quite been released yet so as for the functionality on Magnesium, I don't really dare! :)

I do run two of the dosing pumps controlling my nutrients levels and I am very, very happy with these. Probably the best dosing pumps I have ever used.

Texasnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Guess still working out bugs. I was gonna pull the trigger on rf but will give it a little while longer

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer Reef Master Spa looks better. I owned a Mastertronic way too much maintenance.

ssster2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is relevant but I just bought an Alkatronic for an approximate 20% price reduction, does this mean that they are attempting to get rid of stock prior to release of Mastertronic Essentials?

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is relevant but I just bought an Alkatronic for an approximate 20% price reduction, does this mean that they are attempting to get rid of stock prior to release of Mastertronic Essentials?
could be

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Spa can dose as well with added dosing pump. The essentials can't without added equipment. I wouldn't buy anything from Focustronic again, To get parts is ridiculous.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back