Yet another Hanna Salinity Tester thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter CrayHawk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CrayHawk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
269
Reaction score
189
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - I have a Hanna Salinity Tester that has served me well for a couple of years now.

I tend to calibrate every month. Earlier this week, the tester will read the temp, but salinity stays at “1.000.” I recalibrated again and it read the correct 1.026 the first time I put it in the tank water. Once it powered off and then back on, it read 1.000.

Thoughts? It may be time to purchase a new unit but I’d like to save the $70 if I can.
 
Hi CrayHawk,

1) Did you check the batteries?
2) Is your calibration solution bought or self-mixed? Might be more precise mixing one yourself
3) I recently bought a refractometer for less than 30$, no electroncis (and batteries) needed :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new