MasterTronic Pricing Released

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok a little more info is out:

1597235439323.png
Does this mean MasterTronic could test for alk too?

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you shed some light on how well the N03 testing works? Any chatter about P04 testing?

Maybe give a brief description and your overall experience and opinion??

I have the Autobalance, not the Abex. The Abex hasn't been released yet.

Here are my first impressions.

Since then, Xepta decided to do an upgrade that required the replacement of a tube to increase accuracy.

My unit has a problem with the clock (but apparently it's just me and another guy) and they think it may be related with my router. I am trying to sort this out with Xepta. Their technical support is outstanding.

The measurements are accurate as far as I can see with salifert tests. They still need to fix some app/firmware problems though.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Since then, Xepta decided to do an upgrade that required the replacement of a tube to increase accuracy.

My unit has a problem with the clock (but apparently it's just me and another guy) and they think it may be related with my router. I am trying to sort this out with Xepta. Their technical support is outstanding.

The measurements are accurate as far as I can see with salifert tests. They still need to fix some app/firmware problems though.

Looks like a solid piece of gear. They are behind on release though. Would be great to have it available to everyone to give more options that work as advertised.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are newly entering into the Focustronic space and you want everything, unless a bundle comes out you're looking at this:

Alkatronic - $900
Dosetronic - $600
Mastertronic - $1300
Solartronic - $1380

That's a lot of Benjamins
what the heck is a Solartronic does it gather solar power to run all these others ?

jmcdona6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck is a Solartronic does it gather solar power to run all these others ?

Nope even better. The pucks swivel. I bet you never even knew you needed that feature did you? They are taking pre-orders now!

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope even better. The pucks swivel. I bet you never even knew you needed that feature did you? They are taking pre-orders now!
Oh man .... you weren’t kidding I looked it up . I will just push my ati t5 and let it swing from my ceiling

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is a very informative video, and covers just about anything that a new buyer would want to know. The app seems to have a better display than the alkatronic, but don't like how it pushes testing back 4 minutes every time. curious if they resolved that issue?? Quite honestly, it seems like a better unit for a better price. and being that it uses a weak acid for reagent, that cost can easily be mitigated just like the alkatronic of kh director.

Thanks for the very informative video and hope to see one for the apex soon as well.

Pny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do the inside of the mastertronic look like? Does it have some kind of selector valve, or a moving arm like the reefbot, or is the unit just filled with dosing pumps?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do the inside of the mastertronic look like? Does it have some kind of selector valve, or a moving arm like the reefbot, or is the unit just filled with dosing pumps?

Only those that have actually seen it know. No information on that has been released.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a short video put out about mastertronic

I am considering getting one, even at the cost, if it turns out to be more reliable and easier to maintain than the Reefbot. I would probably only run Nitrate and Phosphate and not any of the other tests, and it would be great if they add Iodine or some other options in the future.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very informative video, and covers just about anything that a new buyer would want to know. The app seems to have a better display than the alkatronic, but don't like how it pushes testing back 4 minutes every time. curious if they resolved that issue?? Quite honestly, it seems like a better unit for a better price. and being that it uses a weak acid for reagent, that cost can easily be mitigated just like the alkatronic of kh director.

Thanks for the very informative video and hope to see one for the apex soon as well.

They still need to fix a few glitches, but the 4 minutes delay will most likely not be fixed. The web access is nearly there.

FB_IMG_1597340690857.jpg

FB_IMG_1597340628561.jpg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering getting one, even at the cost, if it turns out to be more reliable and easier to maintain than the Reefbot. I would probably only run Nitrate and Phosphate and not any of the other tests, and it would be great if they add Iodine or some other options in the future.
My problem is the size of these things and the Reagents.
I would love to jump on board I just wish they made their own reagents and could therefore keep the monthly price affordable.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem is the size of these things and the Reagents.
I would love to jump on board I just wish they made their own reagents and could therefore keep the monthly price affordable.

Just looking at the math for the Red Sea Pro PO4 test kit. Red Sea advertises it for 100 test per kit so I wonder how MT has is for 21 weeks measuring once a day? Gotta be multiple Red Sea kits.

21x7=147 right? ;Facepalm

1597346409734.png

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some kits you can stretch it by dividing everything in half... so maybe it uses just enough to do the test based on its own calculations

47 more PO4 test? 20 more NO3? Those would be awesome numbers if true. But hey I'm from Missouri ;)

Would definitely crush Reefbot and it's reported 50% usage fiasco.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
47 more PO4 test? 20 more NO3? Those would be awesome numbers if true. But hey I'm from Missouri ;)

Would definitely crush Reefbot and it's reported 50% usage fiasco.

Its should be true, at least per the designers. They are using the reagent of those test kits, but are not using the exact volumes/data that the test kits call for. They graphed out and calculated their own data based off of the reagent and precision calibration solutions.

Whereas you or I might need 5-10ml of solution in a vial and are limited by the precision we can read on the syringes or comparing the color to a provided sheet (depending on the test type), I would expect a machine could work with smaller volumes.

It’s also how they get better accuracy than the actual tests are rated to. Human versus machine.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back