Matching UNS R tanks

Shnetts

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
2,139
Location
Nowhere
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright so I made one of the biggest (but also most funny) mistakes of my entire time in the hobby. So figured I’d finally make a build post and share my screw up.

Since may I’ve been building up two tanks. Took much longer than I had wished since my first r60 had problems. Lucky Uns sent me a new one. Eventually both tanks were delivered a little over a month ago. I got them both through wet pets in CT, highly recommend if you’re near them and in need of a tank. Extremely easy to work with.

R75 equipment-
-mp10
-orbit 2
-Vectra m2 (complete overkill idk what I was thinking, I’ll be changing to a s2 once I stop being lazy)
-bubble magnus curve a5
-apex jr
-apex trident
-apex dos
-apex afs (where the mistake comes into play)
-illumagic x4 platinum (MASSIVE shoutout to Dalua for getting a pair of these into the states)
-innovative marine helio heater controller

20260924_194209_807A330C-BAC6-47FA-91A4-7D60A043C256.png




R60 equipment
All the same except it has a Vectra s2 and will not have a trident and will be a versa instead of a dos.

I need to re-wire the electrical box of the r75 to fit everything and install the dos. Gonna design and print a mount to hold the dosing bottles from the side on one of the controller mount boards. Also need to figure out how to mount everything in the r60 that doesn’t look atrocious.

20260924_194847_C7B51BC2-FBC7-4B07-9DCD-5440DB069872.png



So the Neptune afs got delivered today…..and I put the tank to close to the wall. Meaning if I want to put it on I’ll need to completely drain and take apart the tank and sump…..

20260924_194900_88C1A093-D9E0-4463-ADBB-C727CAADA609.png
 
20260927_221636_DC86569A-628F-442D-834A-921B98B61DD8.png

After pulling out the entire electrical box and removing the cable channels I was able to get everything to fit. I have to say the bottom area with the shelf fits the trident mini and a dos perfectly. The shelf has a notch cut out of the center so the bottom lines have plenty of room. The shelf naturally sits 1/4 in above the trident so no space is wasted and you can still fully pull the trident out without moving the dos.

Although if anyone else has a space issue with these I’d definitely recommend taking out the pre installed cable channels. And the belkin slim surge protector is a must. Without it standard plugs stick out to far and you won’t be able to put the controller mounting brackets on. (If your putting a surge protector inside the stand)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new