OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did they say it would take to build your sump.

I paid for my sump in March and still haven’t received it

I was told that it was being shipped this week because I needed it by the 4th. If I were you I would contact them. I'm having the same concern for another vendor.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did they say it would take to build your sump.

I paid for my sump in March and still haven’t received it
I called them yesterday, and they called me back later in the day. They stated the sump will ship on Monday. I think you should call them. I would call multiple times, they are not the best at answering the phone. I'm just hoping their work is better than their phone answering abilities.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, not much of an update since the tank still has not arrived. I was working on the water change station. After drilling the hole for the low water optical sensor I realized I could not reach it from inside the tank. So I was trying to fish it through with a wire snake, and a piece of pipe trying to get the sensor in the hole. Well in the process I managed to pull the wire off the back of the sensor. After several choice words, and other signs of discontent, I decided to try again and managed to get another one in place.
IMG_0238.jpg

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, not much of an update since the tank still has not arrived. I was working on the water change station. After drilling the hole for the low water optical sensor I realized I could not reach it from inside the tank. So I was trying to fish it through with a wire snake, and a piece of pipe trying to get the sensor in the hole. Well in the process I managed to pull the wire off the back of the sensor. After several choice words, and other signs of discontent, I decided to try again and managed to get another one in place.
IMG_0238.jpg

Why is it that the things that should be so easy end up being so difficult sometimes. Great job on getting the second one installed.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this for sale this morning. Just FYI in case you were still considering. It’s a lot of heat though. Not sure what size you had in mind.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this for sale this morning. Just FYI in case you were still considering. It’s a lot of heat though. Not sure what size you had in mind.

I decided to go the Rancor rout. I may go that way down the road, but I already bought the heaters. Thanks, man, I appreciate you keeping an eye out for me.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEW TANK IS HERE

I got pics from the LFS of the new fish tank. I'm really looking forward to it being delivered and setup. Right now we are just waiting on the sump to be shipped, and installed in the stand.
IMG_0247 1.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got my RODI solenoids working. I will have three of them on my mixing station. I got these off of Amazon, and they get much better reviews than the one Neptune sales. When they don't have power they are in the off position. So if power goes out the system will stop producing water.
IMG_0240.jpg

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I did not get any pictures, however, I now have water in the water storage containers, and I'm able to turn it on and off using the apex. In addition, the optical sensor that was such a pain to get in works. I still have a lot of work to do. However, it is coming along.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NEW TANK IS HERE

I got pics from the LFS of the new fish tank. I'm really looking forward to it being delivered and setup. Right now we are just waiting on the sump to be shipped, and installed in the stand.
IMG_0247 1.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

That's a beauty!

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I may have to check out those solenoids if you have a part # or model?

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I may have to check out those solenoids if you have a part # or model?
They are 12 volts so you will need to reduce the 24 volts from the apex with this
Step Down Voltage Converter and this is the solenoid. I then used the DC24 to Bare Wire Accessory Cable. Other than that I used butt connectors, and some heat-shrink spade connectors, along with the heat shrink. If you want I can provide links to those. They were all there on Amazon. I just color matched the wires. It worked like a charm. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small update, Advanced Acrylics shipped the sump. Unfortunately, they forgot to take pictures to send me before they sent it out the door. They guaranteed that it would be here by the 4th. My LFS is going to dismantle the stand and put the sump in, and then put it all back together and deliver to the house, and set it up. That tank is way to heavy for the wife and I to try and manage on our own. I really need to clean up that room, because with all the stuff I have ordered for the tank there is no more room for the tank. LOL ;Facepalm;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help
Which one do I believe? If the green one says 35, then the back one should say 53. However, they don't agree. They were both calibrated with the same solution. My gut is telling me to go with the Milwaukee. What do you all think?

IMG_0256.jpg

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back