MAXI Doser discontinued

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that's been covered multiple times, but thanks for pointing it out again.:rolleyes:

GHL hasn't been saying anything specific. They have been completely quite regarding the Maxi Dosers. As for the ION no one from GHL has stated anything publicly on a specific shipping date either. Yet this guy claims he knows everything and is stating FACTS. Do you think that GHL wants it's dealers blabbing inside info before they have had a chance to announce it?

I'm just guessing that GHL has NDAs for all it's beta testers & Dealers and that no specific ship date has been set. So by him stating that he's likely in violation of an NDA. But if you read what I wrote I'm asking if he's under an NDA, not accusing him of violating it. Since I don't know the terms of any of GHL's NDAs I can only ask.

Also now we know why sntmods is such a fan of GHL he has skin in the game. He sells the product so he pushes it. It's reasonable to assume that since he sells it he wants to make money off of the positive reputation he pushes. Typical behavior of anyone who shills products on this board. "Buy this great product".. Disregard anything people that have actually bought the product and had to deal with GHL customer support.
Okay Ken, the product is great and that's the number one reason why I support it the way I do. I don't peddle goods on these boards but I do provide free support for the good of the community, that's my only goal on these boards.

This is not my first run-in with you, if you recall. Your tone is the reason why I come out and counter you.

You appear to be a constant complainer, a negative person, and I can't stand that.

I'm going to go now and help my client/friend redo his entire plumbing system, for free.

Take care.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay Ken, the product is great and that's the number one reason why I support it the way I do. I don't peddle goods on these boards but I do provide free support for the good of the community, that's my only goal on these boards.

This is not my first run-in with you, if you recall. Your tone is the reason why I come out and counter you.

You appear to be a constant complainer, a negative person, and I can't stand that.

I'm going to go now and help my client/friend redo his entire plumbing system, for free.

Take care.

I’m the end consumer. You know the honest person using the equipment they paid for with their hard earned money. I believe in holding people and companies accountable for their actions. You can call it complaining and you call it being negative.. These are typical terms and excuses used by dealers and companies that have burned customers and won’t admit it.

I call my comments just being honest. Coming on a forum and seeking out someone and constantly defending the one product they are talking about. You have sent me private messages and come after me on the GHL forum. I never initiated contact between us.. you on the other hand just can’t seem to help your self. Now you feel we are on a first name basis... Kinda creepy if you ask me. I can assure you we are NOT on a first name basis.

Make you a deal, stay out of my posting and quit fanboying GHL products in my posts and we won’t have anymore “run ins”. Put me on ignore, this way you won’t see my posts and you’ll be free from all the “negativity”.

I’ll keep setting the record straight and tell people honestly the truth about GHL support and my experiences with them. The good and bad.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NDA for what? Confirming the shipping dates GHL last announced publicly?

Or for stating it's a parts supply issue?

This entire thread exists without fact or proof and is on "
I’m the end consumer. You know the honest person using the equipment they paid for with their hard earned money. I believe in holding people and companies accountable for their actions. You can call it complaining and you call it being negative.. These are typical terms and excuses used by dealers and companies that have burned customers and won’t admit it.

I call my comments just being honest. Coming on a forum and seeking out someone and constantly defending the one product they are talking about. You have sent me private messages and come after me on the GHL forum. I never initiated contact between us.. you on the other hand just can’t seem to help your self. Now you feel we are on a first name basis... Kinda creepy if you ask me. I can assure you we are NOT on a first name basis.

Make you a deal, stay out of my posting and quit fanboying GHL products in my posts and we won’t have anymore “run ins”. Put me on ignore, this way you won’t see my posts and you’ll be free from all the “negativity”.

I’ll keep setting the record straight and tell people honestly the truth about GHL support and my experiences with them. The good and bad.
Dear Mr AZMSGT,

No need to be so adversarial.

A public forum is a place where anyone can offer an opinion, biased or unbiased, and other folks just need form their own judgements. You don’t need to shout people down just because they have a difference of opinion to your own.

Im hitting ignore on you now, feel free to do the same to me. While I don’t post on here that much, I got my first profilux back in 2009 so that’s a decade’s worth of GHL experience that won’t ever help you again.

Carry on as you are and you may find the regular contributors start to avoid helping you too.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Mr AZMSGT,

No need to be so adversarial.

A public forum is a place where anyone can offer an opinion, biased or unbiased, and other folks just need form their own judgements. You don’t need to shout people down just because they have a difference of opinion to your own.

Im hitting ignore on you now, feel free to do the same to me. While I don’t post on here that much, I got my first profilux back in 2009 so that’s a decade’s worth of GHL experience that won’t ever help you again.

Carry on as you are and you may find the regular contributors start to avoid helping you too.
:eek:;Punch;Rage;Hurting;Hilarious;Hilarious:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that's been covered multiple times, but thanks for pointing it out again.:rolleyes:

GHL hasn't been saying anything specific. They have been completely quite regarding the Maxi Dosers. As for the ION no one from GHL has stated anything publicly on a specific shipping date either. Yet this guy claims he knows everything and is stating FACTS. Do you think that GHL wants it's dealers blabbing inside info before they have had a chance to announce it?

I'm just guessing that GHL has NDAs for all it's beta testers & Dealers and that no specific ship date has been set. So by him stating that he's likely in violation of an NDA. But if you read what I wrote I'm asking if he's under an NDA, not accusing him of violating it. Since I don't know the terms of any of GHL's NDAs I can only ask.

Also now we now why sntmods is such a fan of GHL he has skin in the game. He sells the product so he pushes it. It's reasonable to assume that since he sells it he wants to make money off of the positive reputation he pushes. Typical behavior of anyone who shills products on this board. "Buy this great product".. Disregard anything people that have actually bought the product and had to deal with GHL customer support.
I’m not really following you here. He is only saying what they have already said publicly, that they are doing beta testing and it will ship in February. I can’t imagine that would be covered by any NDA.

I think it’s great that he is able to share some insight (limited though it may be). For what it’s worth I have heard the same from local distributors as well. But by now we all know that those plans can and do change. And that we don’t get official word as early as we would like, which is something they need to work on for sure.

I don’t personally feel that having an interest in the product negates his views on it. From what I can see, especially in North America at this point, people who get involved with GHL products are doing so because they like them anyway. So I appreciate hearing from people who are engaged with them.

I also appreciate hearing from end users such as yourself who have direct experience and who raise concerns and try to find solutions.

It is a small group at the end of the day and works better for all of us when we avoid unnecessary conflict. This is the internet so that can be tricky though!

Cheers, Tony

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from yesterday.

Screenshot_20210202-075136_Facebook.jpg

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's great that they are getting out a new product. My concern is with support. The Maxi Doser appears to be unsupported at this time. One key reason to buy from a particular manufacturer is support. I love GHL products, but their support is kinda slow. Using their forums is like waiting for paint to dry. It usually takes a couple days of back and forth to get the answer. R2R community is usually the faster way to go. Imagine buying the Ion Director and then it not being supported within a short period of time. That's how I feel about the Maxi. This makes me reluctant to buy expensive equipment from GHL.

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that's a legit concern, I do think it's reasonable to give some slack because of the pandemic. The supply chain really is a mess globally and lockdowns/restrictions have varied dramatically from one location to another. I am desperate for a maxi doser and hope they will have something soon, but am resigned to waiting impatiently.

On the other hand, I have a doser 2.0; they have released an updated product but still sell spare parts for the older one. Heck, you can buy parts for doser 1. So I think history shows they don't try to force upgrades through deliberate product obsolescence. I really do believe in the case of maxi doser the crux of the problem is supply chain. I can't imagine they don't want to have a high capacity doser since it's super popular.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that's a legit concern, I do think it's reasonable to give some slack because of the pandemic. The supply chain really is a mess globally and lockdowns/restrictions have varied dramatically from one location to another. I am desperate for a maxi doser and hope they will have something soon, but am resigned to waiting impatiently.

On the other hand, I have a doser 2.0; they have released an updated product but still sell spare parts for the older one. Heck, you can buy parts for doser 1. So I think history shows they don't try to force upgrades through deliberate product obsolescence. I really do believe in the case of maxi doser the crux of the problem is supply chain. I can't imagine they don't want to have a high capacity doser since it's super popular.
That's the crux of this discussion. I called GHL USA about a month ago with an issue with my Maxi and was told that they couldn't help me. They didn't take my information or say that when parts come in they will reach out. The gist was that they couldn't provide support for the product and didn't know when they could in the future. The appropriate response would be to take my information and get back to me when they could help with the issue. It's not great support and feels like the Maxi is basically unsupported at this time in the US with no target for support.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the crux of this discussion. I called GHL USA about a month ago with an issue with my Maxi and was told that they couldn't help me. They didn't take my information or say that when parts come in they will reach out. The gist was that they couldn't provide support for the product and didn't know when they could in the future. The appropriate response would be to take my information and get back to me when they could help with the issue. It's not great support and feels like the Maxi is basically unsupported at this time in the US with no target for support.
Are you selling it?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that simple. It's still running my AWC and I am going to swap out the head 1st with a DOS.
What is the problem you’re having? I’ve seen and fixed several issues with my Maxi’s maybe I can help.

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My one concern with using the dos head is that it’s two rollers so would need to be a little more careful about avoiding a potential siphon. Pretty much impossible with 3 rollers, unlikely but possible with two. I hope they sort it out soon!
Agree on communications, I’m a big proponent of transparency.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My one concern with using the dos head is that it’s two rollers so would need to be a little more careful about avoiding a potential siphon. Pretty much impossible with 3 rollers, unlikely but possible with two. I hope they sort it out soon!
I don't check the APEX forums but if the DOS head had an issue with Syphoning I am sure it would have been a well reported problem by now.

Not really an issue.

You can also source the heads directly from Aliexpress (in the 3 head config if you wish). Cheap as chips but obviously you won't get any support from GHL from that point onwards

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried but I bet you can change the DOS rollers to a three set by using a old roller from a used GHL head. The wheels they mount into are identical and can be configured either way.
On the flip side, I haven’t heard of siphon issues with the DOS.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the problem you’re having? I’ve seen and fixed several issues with my Maxi’s maybe I can help.

One of the heads went from 350ish ml/min to 250ish ml/min. Very concerning due to my AWC setup. Almost caused a flood. I tried swapping the head to the other motor that was pushing out 350ish and had same low output. I swapped out the external tubing and it went to 300ish. I'm just not sure what's going on with it. Like I said, just waiting for an opportunity to swap in a DOS head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back