Maxi doser help needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a Maxi Doser, that I'm going to use to dose the effluent from my calcium reactor. I'm replacing a Versa doser, with which I was dosing 66ml/minute, for 95 liters a day dosed. I would like to control the maxi doser off based on the readings from my KH Director.

How can I do this? I would have thought I could set the maxi doser to dose 66 ml per minute as I did with the Versa doser. That would be 1440 doses a day. But it isn't letting me do that, it's the same problem I've run into before - it won't let you enter that large a number for the doses/day. It won't let you enter anything higher than 150.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Maxi doser is build for working at constant mode and you can use the function Desired flow and put it to 66 ml/L. This function did not work in the beginning - I do not know if it fixed yet.
Just put 66 inside the red marking
1681502094610.png

However - I do not think that you can use the KH director to control this mode.

What you can do in the first step is to dose 660 ml every 10 minutes (144) doses. This you can adjust with adaptive mode based on the readings of the KH director.

If you need to dose every minute 66 ml - you can use a cyclic timer knitted to a switch index that is not in used by a physical produkt. After that you knit your maxi head to that index. If your calibration says 160 ml/min (60 sec) and you want the timer to run the time it takes for 66 ml - use this 60/160 *66 - 25 sec (around). The timer should than be configurated 25 on and 35 off. This could also be difficult to get managed by the KH director.

There is a way to have it work exactly as you want and have it to be controlled by the KH director - however it can be a little complicated. To have this to work - you need to have 10 doser slots with no physical connection (as an example dosing pump 7-16 (SA doser) or 23-32 (P4)) and 8 empty program logic slots (+ an empty switch slot)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lasse! I know about the bug with it not working if you try to change the desired flow. As far as I know, that isn't fixed yet. But as you pointed out, that wouldn't give me control anyway.

I had the same idea, and I did go ahead and do the 140 doses at 660 ml. It's odd though that you can't just have it dose every minute. I think that should be fixed.

There's another bug - when I set it to dose 140 660 ml doses, that's 92,400 ml. But on the dosing settings page in GHL Connect, it says that the daily dosing amount is 29414 liters (!). This is perhaps another bug caused by the fact that the software is only using 2 byte integers.

I don't think your other ideas would allow for KH Director control, nor would they let me keep track of the dosing in the log.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The idea to make 10 separate pumps with the same calibration - each with 144 dosing a day, starting 1 minut after each other (12.00, 12.01, 12.02 and so one) and combine those with help of PL "OR", knit to a switch and knit the real maxipump to that switch will work. You need to set each virtual pump in adaptive mode (the same settings for all pumps) and allow the maxipump to log will work

I have my dose pump to dose different between 00:00 - 11:59 and 12:00-23:59. I use 2 different "virtual" pumps to do this. I run it for the moment in adaptive mode. Each pump is activated for this - the real pump not. However the real pump log the figures but do not report how much the change is - only the amount. To see exactly how large the change is - I need to log the "virtual" pumps too and look on their charts

This days dosing for alk pump

1681517551039.png

The virtual day pump

1681517915711.png

Sincerely Lasse

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back