Maxima clam placement

lilbitreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
251
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to bring my maxima clam to a different part of the rocks. I had it in the sand but my scape dosn't give good lighting in the sand. The area I had it in seemed like a comfy little pocket but my turbo snail loves to push it off the cliff, and my RBTA has decided for the first time in over a year to start moving (towards my clam). I think the foot may be injured from one of these falls as it has not tried to reattach to the rock-work since, and it has been about 2-3 weeks now. I'll post pictures of where its at and where I was thinking about putting it.
IMG_5467.JPG
IMG_5471.JPG


IMG_5472.JPG


IMG_5251.JPG
 
I wanted to place the clam in one of the dead clam halves that were grown into the rock work.
 
Maxima clams like rock and HIGH light. I would move him to the best lighting area in your tank with no direct flow.
 
Get it to attach to a smaller rock and you can secure that rock anywhere that you want with some putty.
 
Get it to attach to a smaller rock and you can secure that rock anywhere that you want with some putty.

I have tried sooo many times. It attached then the attachment isn’t strong enough and is breaks off. I think the foot might be damaged as it has not tried to attach to anything in a while
 
I have tried sooo many times. It attached then the attachment isn’t strong enough and is breaks off. I think the foot might be damaged as it has not tried to attach to anything in a while

Maybe try placing it on a ceramic clam tile?
 
Well, looks like my snail killed it. Found it upside down in the sand, it started gaping a few days later and died. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new