Maxima Clam Question

Skay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question on this new maxima I bought, what’s the normal/average mantle extension? Mine seems very extended and the photos online aren’t as much. Still responds to light changes, not stressing just a simple question for anyone that has or has kept maximas. Thank you!

IMG_8889.jpeg

IMG_8887.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I would raise the clam higher and possibly increase the light intensity. They can use as much light as they can get.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I would raise the clam higher and possibly increase the light intensity. They can use as much light as they can get.
I would move up to light more otherwise looks good. The reason online mantles are not extended is because they just got them in.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question on this new maxima I bought, what’s the normal/average mantle extension? Mine seems very extended and the photos online aren’t as much. Still responds to light changes, not stressing just a simple question for anyone that has or has kept maximas. Thank you!

IMG_8889.jpeg

IMG_8887.jpeg
That is a Crocea. It looks fine to me.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s happy, fyi don’t ever think that if they don’t respond to light there’s something wrong with it they don’t respond sometimes it’s normal

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back