OP
F

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh??

All I am saying is the lights at the LFS are different and livestock will look different when you take it home because you don't have the exact same lights and spectrum and par in your tank as the LFS.

Just a visual thing our eye perceive.
Yeah, sugar, no worries, thank you. I gotcha.

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First: I am 42. It's ma'am to you and not dude.
Second: I ask if it was browning out.
Third: I had to answer my own question, as there was no suitable response at the time.
Fourth: I am not going to buy a thing off this site, so quit questioning me about my parameters and set up unless I ask a question.

Thank You.
wow you sound like one easily ticked off person. People did try to help you but like I said originally you made it so very confusing. Well good luck with the clam.

OP
OP
F

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow you sound like one easily ticked off person. People did try to help you but like I said originally you made it so very confusing. Well good luck with the clam.
Nah. Nothing but patient. A mother of a teen and have been married 18 years. I haven't been a drinker in over 20 years. Easy to misconstrue what someone types. Try not to worry how people react emotionally in what they type and try reading it for what it says. Marine keeping is a hobby and for some a profession, so stick to facts about it and it's much easier than getting wrapped up in the feelings. Social support in places like this just requires reaching out with factual info or asking questions. Don't forget to have a nice day.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah. Nothing but patient. A mother of a teen and have been married 18 years. I haven't been a drinker in over 20 years. Easy to misconstrue what someone types. Try not to worry how people react emotionally in what they type and try reading it for what it says. Marine keeping is a hobby and for some a profession, so stick to facts about it and it's much easier than getting wrapped up in the feelings. Social support in places like this just requires reaching out with factual info or asking questions. Don't forget to have a nice day.
I'll add there's a wealth of info on this forum that if you would have read you wouldn't have needed to even start this thread. You really should also do research on whatever coral or clam in the future you may purchase before buying it.

OP
OP
F

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll add there's a wealth of info on this forum that if you would have read you wouldn't have needed to even start this thread. You really should also do research on whatever coral or clam in the future you may purchase before buying it.
Why do you even start? Why not say something about the light graph? Add whatever you'd like, but try to make it relevant to the topic.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a FTS showing the light and tank together? If you're seeing good mantle extension and new shell growth, then all is well. Typically, clams don't change color, but can shift to lighter and darker versions of their current colors based on light (spectrum & intensity). They don't brown out, but can bleach due to lack of light or too high temp or stress.
As far as the color change from LFS to home, as stated earlier, lights and viewing angle play a major role in perception. To me, clams look like crap under blue light (and viewed thru the front glass), as it masks certain hues/pigments, but under daylight (6500k) their true colors really shine.
Most of us here want to help and we were confused by your initial post, as there were a couple red flags, which leads to follow up questions. Don't take it the wrong way, but if we don't know you, then there has to be a starting point for information that can fill in the blanks. I certainly don't want to offend or make fellow reefers feel bad, but after nearly four decades in the hobby, you see/hear a lot. When I worked in the hobby in the 90's, thru early 2000's, I often asked more questions of new customers, than answered. This allowed me to adjust my advice and truly help each customer to their needs. Some may have been dismissive, but for those that stuck around, they appreciated the advice and became long time customers in which I earned their respect.
Why am I typing all of this? Because, veteran reefers understand that it's not about your (or our) ego, it's about the care and well being of the animals we care for, nothing more. We are simply trying to help, but I understand that typed words can take us places we never thought and sometimes there's a loss in translation/context, which is truly misunderstood.
I'm not sure about the graph you posted, I'm a par and spectrum kinda guy, apologies.

Back