Maxima PMD?

Ashwinclement

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
128
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE7A5F56-5A22-4D35-96BB-F27D7A636303.jpeg
755A3F2F-7C4E-4204-A3A7-8A21E2278DEE.jpeg

Does the clam look like it has pinched mantle disease? Its a green maxima
 
I just treated my Crocea for PMD and it looked nothing like this. My Crocea's mantle literally was rolled inwards on itself and the outside edges literally looked like someone pinched them badly. There was also visible mucus strands.
 
Anything that irritated the mantle will cause retraction. Is there something there that sting the clam? Mayb I am mistaken here but look like you have a galaxy coral there that may cause the problem.
If you eliminated all other cause, the picture is compatible with PMD. Retraction of the mantle due to PMD looks better in AM and worse as the day go on. The mantle will secrete strand of mucus that you can see as the day go on.

Clasic picture of PMD on the Blue Maxima
2001maxima1-jpg.1234441
 
Thanks for the feedback, I dont have a galaxy near the clam, I have blastos, zoas and acan colonies. I will try to give the clam more space. I am also wondering if its a light intensity problem. The last time I checked the clam should be getting 200 PAR. Would the mantle retract if the clam is not getting enough light? I thought they will stretch more if it is a light issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new