Maxpect Gyres

DMC112

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.What do you guys think of running the Gyres on a time clock at all? I have two XF330’s either side of my Peninsula weir. I’ve run mine on a standard alternate gyre setting for a couple of years and just thought today of ramping them down at night whilst the fish sleep and then back up during the day:
8am 30%
9am 40%
10am 50%
21:00 40%
22:00 30%
00:00 20%
I was also wondering if the varied flow may help the corals too? Good idea or bad idea? I’m guessing that the time clock settings are there for a reason.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, if everything in your tank is happy, especially the corals, I wouldn't change your flow at all. The fish will be fine.

That being said, if you have an issue you're trying to solve by reducing flow, What you proposed is how I run the gyres on my display. I have them turn on an hour before lights on and off an hour after lights off.

OP
OP
DMC112

DMC112

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. Things are pretty good but lm looking to slowly increase the amount of SPS. I can’t seem to keep acros alive even though l have stable parameters. I have 2 AI Hydra 52HDs and an Orphek OR3 Blue Plus over my 4ft, 100 gallon tank so l think lighting should be ok. If lighting and parameters are ok lm guessing that improving flow would be the next thing to improve.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back