Maxspect Ethereal too much for IM Nuvo 20?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm interested in upgrading my light on my Innovative Marine Nuvo 20 to something with a bit more functionality and looks. My current light is a SB Reef Lights 16" with timer.

What I'm looking for in a light is something with enough power for Acros and other SPS, built in timer and ramping features, and something that doesn't look like just a box. I also wanted something that mounts to the rear of the tank and comes forward as opposed to my current setup of having the legs of the light attached to the sides.

I have been looking at the Maxspect Ethereal for some time now and I just wanted to gather some opinions on it or other solutions. Another option I was looking at was two AI Prime HD's wirelessly linked like this:

upload_2017-7-25_9-40-55.jpeg

Thanks!

ciscomania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maxspect ethereal is great. They just also did firmware update on the phone app and it's much much better and intuitive and easier to use. You won't have problem growing corals with ethereal on nuvo20. I really dig the design also.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maxspect ethereal is great. They just also did firmware update on the phone app and it's much much better and intuitive and easier to use. You won't have problem growing corals with ethereal on nuvo20. I really dig the design also.
I didn't know they had updated the firmware, that's interesting since the troubles with the app were one of the reasons I was on the fence. Thanks for letting me know!

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydra have lots of features, I know you said prime but one 52 hd should cover that fine and you can keep any coral. You won't need to run at 100%
I'm a bit worried about AI's customer service reputation after looking into them a bit more. Seems like that's the case for a lot of companies in this business, except maybe Ecotech, but I'll look into that fixture a bit more. Thanks!

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily I never needed their customer service. The lights just work lol
That's what I really need is for something to just work. My current lights do a good job, but they aren't very controllable and I'm pretty sure it shocks my corals a little when the light just turns on all of the sudden at full blast!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back