Maxspect Gyre for 6’

  • Thread starter Thread starter C1-10P
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

C1-10P

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2022
Messages
54
Reaction score
26
Location
Apple Valley, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,

setting up a 6’x18”x24” tank, came across a good deal on a Maxspect gyre 350 with controller. I wanted to get another one for the opposite side.

my issue is I have a corner return and the 350 will not fit horizontal, I came up with three options,

1) run XF330 which will fit next to the return.
2) run a secon 350 veritically across the front of the tank.
3) run a second 350 vertically across the back, issue here is the dry side magnet would have to be in the return which seems like a pain.

any recommendations? I like the idea of the 330 on the opposite side but aggrainim going to regret not getting more flow.

plan to see how this goes to start the tank and then add some more specific pumps as I add coral and find the dead spots.
 
Good afternoon,

setting up a 6’x18”x24” tank, came across a good deal on a Maxspect gyre 350 with controller. I wanted to get another one for the opposite side.

my issue is I have a corner return and the 350 will not fit horizontal, I came up with three options,

1) run XF330 which will fit next to the return.
2) run a secon 350 veritically across the front of the tank.
3) run a second 350 vertically across the back, issue here is the dry side magnet would have to be in the return which seems like a pain.

any recommendations? I like the idea of the 330 on the opposite side but aggrainim going to regret not getting more flow.

plan to see how this goes to start the tank and then add some more specific pumps as I add coral and find the dead spots.
I run both horizontal and vertical, so vertical is an option
5317197D-015A-4D1F-8276-05DBDE81BAC3.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new