Maxspect Gyre help

Jay York

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a pair of gyres connected to one controller. I am trying to get them to just pump water straight across my aquarium. I have messed with them and I have one blowing mainly straight across but the opposite gyre is blowing straight down...not the best for my sand. I have a bare spot on that side of my tank. I don't have them in LTC or OGC mode, they appear to both have the straight lines on the controller screen. The only thing I can think of is that they are in Synchronized mode....I am thinking I need them in Anti-synchronized mode (or do I have those terms reversed?). Basically, I want them blowing against each other from across the tank. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

I have a pair of gyres connected to one controller. I am trying to get them to just pump water straight across my aquarium. I have messed with them and I have one blowing mainly straight across but the opposite gyre is blowing straight down...not the best for my sand. I have a bare spot on that side of my tank. I don't have them in LTC or OGC mode, they appear to both have the straight lines on the controller screen. The only thing I can think of is that they are in Synchronized mode....I am thinking I need them in Anti-synchronized mode (or do I have those terms reversed?). Basically, I want them blowing against each other from across the tank. Any ideas?

Thanks!

@Michael@CoralVue - any ideas?

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to direct the flow with the "flow director" they include with the pumps. That should get the one blowing across the tank and not down. Once you get it angled, then you can try the different modes to find the flow you like best in the tank.

OP
OP
J

Jay York

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to direct the flow with the "flow director" they include with the pumps. That should get the one blowing across the tank and not down. Once you get it angled, then you can try the different modes to find the flow you like best in the tank.
I'll take a look...I wondered if I re-assembled it incorrectly after taking it apart for cleaning

Back