OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind if same thing for me. I deactivated 5 mhz. Because I put it back on and it still worked I did not think that is what fixed it..

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Android. This app p***** me off more than any aquarium item I've ever bought. I've uninstalled and installed close to 30 times and monkeyed with it close to 25 hours. Periodically I got it connected to the router, but most times when I reopened the app, it wouldn't work. Finally, I threw in the towel and only connect directly to the light, with the phone. And that's hit or miss. I just opened the app, I'm connected to the light with it's 2.4 signal, and it's saying please add device.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try shutting down 5mhz on the router? Just turning it off. You have to do it from you computer. Then enable location in your app. Sorry the uninstall never worked for me either just went a little farther ahead. Thats what ended up helping me and the other guy on this thread just posted it helped him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also there are driections on youtube for the mode this light has to be in to pair. With the buttons on the top. Not sure if this will help there are a few of these videos. This is router mode see if they have something to help. Also if its used clear the user settings.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connecting to this light is LITERALLY the most frustrating thing ever.
once you get it, it is easy....The best advice I could give you is to do what I have. Buy a old $10 2.4ghz router then plug it into your normal router. Call it fish or the like then connect all you fishy 2.4 stuff to it..makes life so much easier. Also make sure you enable location services or it just wont work

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once you get it, it is easy....The best advice I could give you is to do what I have. Buy a old $10 2.4ghz router then plug it into your normal router. Call it fish or the like then connect all you fishy 2.4 stuff to it..makes life so much easier. Also make sure you enable location services or it just wont work
This should work.. Sort of saves from having to dumb down a router to an ap...

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got this light and got the app up and running. What are people running for settings? I mainly have nems and lps.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got this light and got the app up and running. What are people running for settings? I mainly have nems and lps.
Hi Im runnung 40, 40, 40, ,10, 10, 10 noon till 1800h with a ramp up and down 0900h to 2100h. I have two of the blues on a 3" tank. I have tried various settings but atm i am waitng for my new piece of dead rock to establish then i will get serious about setting them. let me know if you have any success in settings so I can try also cheers

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Im runnung 40, 40, 40, ,10, 10, 10 noon till 1800h with a ramp up and down 0900h to 2100h. I have two of the blues on a 3" tank. I have tried various settings but atm i am waitng for my new piece of dead rock to establish then i will get serious about setting them. let me know if you have any success in settings so I can try also cheers
Right now I'm just running the stock shift coral/LPS setting. I think that runs all channels at 70

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back