Maxspect MJ - L290 lighting schedules

Cookiesreef26

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2024
Messages
23
Reaction score
9
Location
leicester
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just brought myself a maxspect MJ -L290 and I'm looking to find out what schedule others are using? The standard schedule built in just puts everything to 100% which seems odd.

Can anyone post their schedules?

has anyone used a par meter under these lights?
 
Following. I got the MJ-L175 for an IM 25 lagoon and having a hard time getting a good color balance. I found the same thing with the preloaded settings, and I can’t tell the difference between their LPS, SPS, and mixed reef settings beyond some different ramp times. And, I find it odd that they set it to full spectrum for 8 hours on a mixed reef.
 
Just brought myself a maxspect MJ -L290 and I'm looking to find out what schedule others are using? The standard schedule built in just puts everything to 100% which seems odd.

Can anyone post their schedules?

has anyone used a par meter under these lights?
I just purchased the Mj-l290 for my tank and I am having issues with not only keeping the lights linked to the app but in understanding and making adjustments to the lighting interface. I was thinking of posting a thread on this as well as trying to contact the company in hopes of support.
 
Same issue. Would be interested to understand how do others setup the spectrum on 290.
 
I have this light I’m just finally getting in dialed in to a good spectrum app definitely needs a upgrade I’m use to using kessil so this was a big change for me may be switching back to kessil. I love the light just not the app
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 52
Following. I got the MJ-L175 for an IM 25 lagoon and having a hard time getting a good color balance. I found the same thing with the preloaded settings, and I can’t tell the difference between their LPS, SPS, and mixed reef settings beyond some different ramp times. And, I find it odd that they set it to full spectrum for 8 hours on a mixed reef.
Have you figured out how to get the color balance you are looking for. I was hoping for more a AB+ color over very blue which seems to have been the case when I first set them up but I can't figure out how to get back to that setting.
 
Just brought myself a maxspect MJ -L290 and I'm looking to find out what schedule others are using? The standard schedule built in just puts everything to 100% which seems odd.

Can anyone post their schedules?

has anyone used a par meter under these lights?
Any luck resolving your schedule problem? I am starting to understand these lights a bit but I think the app is very poor in quality
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new