Maxspect R420R led lens burnt

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have issues with the cover lens burning? Not catching fire but turning cloudy and then brown. I have the 160watt 16k that at peak times of 12pm to 5pm I keep the intensity at ch1 65% ch2 90%. Not sure which ones they are but they are on each puck on the top and bottom middle ones.

Like these, the clouded one.

image.jpeg

Ibra9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 R420R 120w for about 3.5 years old. I am having the same spot of cloudy cover lens like you but the LED still working. I'll follow this thread. Oh my intensity is 55%,90% from noon to 9 p.m.

Bo N Rachel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iev had mine for about 2.5 years before I upgraded but had my 100%blues and 30% whites never had any of those problems but I did but a second light with burnt lens bit leds were fine and it was from the light overheating due to the fixture bein moved over and it basically sitting on top of a piece of wood

tvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mine for 3 yrs and the blue channels went out on 1 due to LED diode cracking it seems. My 2nd fixture still works but same blue lights are looking as if they are cracking too. Seems like a defect

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at least due to this it convinced my wife to get a new light after we move. Which should be in the next 6 months. Going all out with a Radion G4 Pro. May just get new 120 optics and then put it on the market. Otherwise there's nothing wrong with it.

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I e had those burned out covers too. Coral vue sent me new ones. Don't remember but I think the lites still worked.

I also had one channel go out, only the blues worked. I believe it was about $100 for repair. Out of warrantee.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But now also my question is, has the spectrum changed due to this brown out on this and the clouded lenses.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought mine when they first came out. After replacing several lenses (same issue), chip boards etc. Have moved on to Orphek. Very happy

Girish23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya my friend 2 160 watt fixure is burn because of hitting i dont take that light pic other wise i uploaded here

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually a common problem with the Razor. They used cheap diodes on the first gen of this fixture and the lens coating on the violet diodes was notorious for fogging. The only companies making a quality violet diode are SemiLED and Philips which is why they are more expensive than the rest. Luxeon UV violet diodes are super expensive which is why the only fixture that uses them is the Phillips CoralCare.

Thiago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

With the problem of burned lenses, have you guys had a problem with led burned after that?

Have said that the maxspect razor leds have durability between 3 to 4 years. Is the information correct?

thank you

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After changing the lenses to the 120 degree optics I've had no issues since. My light is currently 3 years old and still going strong. I've been told they go about 5 years or more if taken care of .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back