Maxspect RSX 200 LED Light on a reefer 300 XL

NebzXD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a bit of advice I'm looking at getting a red sea reefer 300xl (90cmx55x57) and setting it up as a mixed reef tank as lighting I was looking at using

Maxspect RSX 200 LED Light for lighting and wanted to know whether people have had a good experience with this light and if it would be suitable for a mixed reef setup mainly lps and softies and a little bit of sps

Many Thanks Ben

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a bit of advice I'm looking at getting a red sea reefer 300xl (90cmx55x57) and setting it up as a mixed reef tank as lighting I was looking at using

Maxspect RSX 200 LED Light for lighting and wanted to know whether people have had a good experience with this light and if it would be suitable for a mixed reef setup mainly lps and softies and a little bit of sps

Many Thanks Ben
Hi Ben I found a review from a member on R2R with similar tank dimensions.

Acroalan

Community Member​

I'm using a Maxspect RSX 200 on mine and really like it so far. SPS seedlings are doing well and have nice color under it. I'm using the tank mount legs that come standard and don't seem to have shadowing issues or disco effect. I loved the sleek fixture design over other LED mounting options. The 200 has four LED clusters that cover the full 36" span of the tank with good front to back coverage. I've only been using it for a few months now, so time will tell if it is long term viable. But so far I'm very happy. The newer Razor model includes additional led strips that mimic T5 supplements, but I chose not to go that route.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back