OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only noticeable growth I’ve seen so far is this Granulosa. Not much but it’s only a month with the new lights. I’m also trying to rid a bunch of bubble algae with Vibrant, so it may be ticking off my corals a little.

Today
6B5C60C5-BF43-4B9B-9465-9849B88735F2.jpeg

Dec 16 2017
5BCD379F-3340-4C3B-9C5C-F04984DDEC95.jpeg

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also forgot, I got the new power supply a few days after the New Year and it’s a little brighter than 16k power supply I was temporarily using. But all is good now.

Statsmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like the light Adam? I’m considering buying this or the recurve. Unfortunately the recurve won’t be for sale in Canada though so looks like this will only be my option if I go maxspect. I have a sps dominant tank and worry about the lighting on the rsx.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like the light Adam? I’m considering buying this or the recurve. Unfortunately the recurve won’t be for sale in Canada though so looks like this will only be my option if I go maxspect. I have a sps dominant tank and worry about the lighting on the rsx.

Well this is on a 29 Gallon standard tank that is 30"L x 12"D x 18"H and I have absolutely zero doubts about this light growing SPS. My 16k version grew SPS just fine and this new light has some nice new improvements, namely more LEDs and more channels to play with.

TLeTourneau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I am also looking at the 200W for the Reefer 350 we are purchasing. Does anyone know if it can interface with an Apex for control? Some of the vendor sites say "Neptune Systems Apex Controller IOTA Ready**" but don't elaborate on what is required to make it work from the Maxspect and Neptune sides. I would really like an Apex controllable LED and if this can be controlled (besides switching an outlet on and off) that would be great!

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that it is or will be integrated with the Apex. But by buying the ICV6 it can be controlled a bit more than the onboard settings.

TLeTourneau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that it is or will be integrated with the Apex. But by buying the ICV6 it can be controlled a bit more than the onboard settings.

Thanks for the reply! That's slightly disappointing, I really want a light that the Apex will interface with. I guess I'll need to look elsewhere, maybe the Kessil A360 or the EcoTech Radion XR15W G4 Pro Marine if I can find them in stock anywhere. :)

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know the Kessil (like the RSX has its own controller) is not but the Radion is with a WXM module. The AI is or was if you can still find a AWM module, but I don’t know if they are compatible with the new 26 and 52 series.

TLeTourneau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil A360W-E Tuna Blue LED is compatible with an external 0~10V Controller like Neptune Apex or Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper. It's just a cable that plugs into the Apex and lets you control color on one channel and intensity on another channel. The lights daisy chain together. I was hoping to get something a little less expensive and I looked at the Zetlight ZT-6600A which is Apex ready but was warned away from them. Well ther search goes on. I'll stay out of thread as not to hijack it unless Maxspect replies about the Apex question I sent them.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on installing mine this week as my cycle is now underway. I have a seneye that I haven’t used yet, but will do my best to record some PUR and PAR readings at 50/75/100%. On the sand bed, low/medium/High in the water.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on installing mine this week as my cycle is now underway. I have a seneye that I haven’t used yet, but will do my best to record some PUR and PAR readings at 50/75/100%. On the sand bed, low/medium/High in the water.

Any luck on these par/pur readings yet?

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck on these par/pur readings yet?

Unfortunately not yet. A little bit of life has got in the way.

I did hook up the ICV6 and I must admit it’s pretty nice control. You can pick the Kelvin in 2K increments from 10K to 20K. And then you can set time points and intensity per channel very easily. Also graphs the spectrum as you adjust which is a nice visual.

And believe me, if I think it’s easy to use, it’s gotta be easy!

Greenfishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the look of these, I currently have one of the razors (120w) over my 2 ft tank. Looking to upgrade tanks and wondered what you guys thought about which model to get. Tanks gonna be 3ft x 20” x 24” deep. Mixed sps/lps. I’m thinking the RSX 200. Also is the ICV6 necessary or indeed worth it?
I liked the Kessil AP700 too, but can’t quite stretch to that...or rather the Mrs would have a fit!!
Looking forward to how this thread develops, and how your corals/livestock do under this light...nice tank BTW!
Cheers!

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the look of these, I currently have one of the razors (120w) over my 2 ft tank. Looking to upgrade tanks and wondered what you guys thought about which model to get. Tanks gonna be 3ft x 20” x 24” deep. Mixed sps/lps. I’m thinking the RSX 200. Also is the ICV6 necessary or indeed worth it?
I liked the Kessil AP700 too, but can’t quite stretch to that...or rather the Mrs would have a fit!!
Looking forward to how this thread develops, and how your corals/livestock do under this light...nice tank BTW!
Cheers!

I think for $46 the ICV6 is a must have. By no means necessary but once you use it you wouldn’t go back!

I have 40+ corals going in the tank this weekend. A friend is bringing my stock down from Ohio. No SPS. That will come later once I stabilize. I will post pics and answer any questions I can.

Lights will be less intense for a few weeks too while I acclimate such a large group going into the tank.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers!

The 150 should be big enough, it can do 38x26 I believe. And the depth of 24” should be fine, I have a Duncan and some zoas that are thriving real well at 18” on the bottom. A 200 would be too long, I think it’s meant for a 48” tank.

The ICV6 is not necessary but does make it a lot easier to visualize the spectrum your looking for and tweak the channels easier.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back