Maxspect XF350's vs Icecap 4k's

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a friends and had been playing around with his Hydros wave engine I was sold on it. Instead of getting the Gyre xf350 with the controller I am buying the xf350 pump only option and the hydros wave engine. I will be running 2 on a 750xxl v3 tank.

symon_say

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same debate, what i like about the Icecap is they are a new version, and I'm sure they have learn a few things on how to improve this kind of pumps, also 1 controller for both pumps, what I'm not certain is if 2 icecap 4k will be enough for a 72x27x24 tank.

Also maxspect should be coming with a new model pretty soon.

Can the icecap work on this tank, or should i go with maxspect?

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same debate, what i like about the Icecap is they are a new version, and I'm sure they have learn a few things on how to improve this kind of pumps, also 1 controller for both pumps, what I'm not certain is if 2 icecap 4k will be enough for a 72x27x24 tank.

Also maxspect should be coming with a new model pretty soon.

Can the icecap work on this tank, or should i go with maxspect?
What thickness is your glass? The Icecap 4k is only good for 5/8". I went with two XF350's on my rimless 180 with 3/4" glass.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a 2nd XF350 on my RS 425. The one gave plenty of flow but all in one direction. The tank isn't that old, but the couple of leathers I have leaned in one direction. I had a 330 I tried to install opposite the 350 but it would move on the glass. Not enough magnet to hold it so had to go with the 350.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently had the same dilemma between the XF330’s or Icecap 2K’s. Ended up with the XF330s because the Maxspects are supposed to be quieter. Also I liked that the flow directors would let me put them closer to the water surface. Ended up getting a dual XF330 package from Premium Aquatics during the sale for $359 and added in the ICV6 as well. So far I’m very happy with them. Using a custom program with 19 settings during the day. Really easy to do with the ICV6.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back