OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After water change today the goni and Cat gone mad.

OU9sFBG.jpg

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clam still there red goni dropped to sand bed and replaced with echinata and new sand added

DSC_9801 fts.jpg

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow very beautiful. There are new red dragon acro on the left right?

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news my new Orphek reef bar OR2 blue plus is on its way will post pic when its up and running im sure it will give mega pop to my corals.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some good colors and growth .
DSC_0610 fts banging colours.jpg
DSC_0625 popping colors.jpg
DSC_0621fts colours.jpg
DSC_0624 rh side corals.jpg
That looks very nice

Do you prune the corals or just let them grow and fight amongst themselves. I think you sometimes get to a stage we’re they grow to fast! Lol

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prune the usual ones that grow very fast if I can get to them its more or less let them do there thing, I have a lot of smaller corals growing from frags so it may be different in the future I have also had to move things about so they don't impact on the higher end frags WD, pikachu, confetti etc as its difficult to get the high end corals in the UK just hope Brexit allows us to import from the USA.

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added the new Orphek OR3 reefbar to the front looking good to now a couple of snaps at 9.00pm before it goes into the blue/actinic mode.

GOPR1523 9.30pm blue.jpg
GOPR1522 blue or3.jpg

Spencer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk how you don't get more comments on your thread but I'll give you some attention!

Very nice tank. It looks like you started with some small colonies and the fast-growing SPS took off (stags/digitata/etc.)

So tank is ~5 years old? You like the Orphek lights?
What's been your philosophy on flow?

Calcium reactors able to handle all of the growth or do you supplement with kalkwasser/two part?

Feel like amino's or trace elements have made any difference?

Biggest regrets with the tank?

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spencer , As I have gone along I have updated the lighting and pumps I have discussed the lighting previously and the flow in the tank high I use 2 maxspect XF350 gyres one at the RH side the other low down on the LH side low down at the back one side points along the back the other towards the front to mini9mise dead spots and a Nero 5 on the same side at the front end , I also have a tunze on the back pushing the return water to the front of the tank. I have a Dastaco calx reactor which in the early days could not provide the stability of KH , Ca and Mg and use a X4 doser to supplement and also a KHG to fine tune the KH to keep it stable I will post results below. I do 2 x 25L water changes a week and use ICP testing to adjust traces and recently started feeding supplements on a trial and error basis . Like everybody I have had lots of issues with kit failures and a water issue with the local authority and had to upgrade the RO system to a 7 stage unit similar to the BRS video. My biggest regret being I should have waited at the start to get a larger tank that was planned and jumped into getting this tank as a upgrade but that was down to a family issue but that's life . The sump is run with filter socks , skimmer , circulating reactor bio pellets , Miracle Mud dsb , nyos torqz gfo ,dastaco and return pump so its simple and I do the usual daily maint routine and weekly , monthly routines on pumps etc to prevent issues. I have 2 corals on my want list to replace 2 which hopefully will be sourced in the coming months hope that's what you wanted to know thanks for asking .Bill
PS - KHG results to follow

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef update pic with reset lighting and new frags in place .
DSC_3655 bar 2 blue on.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back