Maze brain coral question

Kaykay101

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
21
Location
Rochester
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I got a maze brain coral recently and I've noticed that it's feeder tentacles are bubbly looking, is this normal or a cause for concern? And if it is what could cause this and is there anything I can do about it?
878D8AB5-8A7D-4432-9D9F-FF14EA927BA6.jpeg
 
Hi all! I got a maze brain coral recently and I've noticed that it's feeder tentacles are bubbly looking, is this normal or a cause for concern? And if it is what could cause this and is there anything I can do about it?
878D8AB5-8A7D-4432-9D9F-FF14EA927BA6.jpeg
My first reaction was a coral that is puffing up is healthier then one that is suckin or sucked in. But I’m wondering if that coral has made contact with its neighbors and may be in a state of defense.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new