Mdreefer 15g column reef build [emoji16]

MDreefer301

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’ve been lurking around here for a while and I’m starting a new reef so why not post my newest build. Here’s my 15g column reef build.

Lastweek i picked up a 15g column tank from petco for $100 at petco. I really liked the shape and figured it would probably make a cool reef tank. So i bought maybe about 10 lbs live rock, pre-mixed saltwater, new hydrometer and all the other goodies.
Heres a pic of it setup so far
d2a04e0953c0f8f1e3bf52b9f4ef359e.jpg


4/26- I managed to find a kessil for a steal here on r2r should arrive Monday.

4/29- Stopped by petco again and made an impulse buy I bought 3 small green chromis. I know I probably shouldve waited but these are some of the fish i wanted to stock the tank with and they seem to be doing just fine.
bb24686126702af2707705475a3ecab6.jpg



My livestock plans for my aquarium are

3 green chromis
1 goldxlightning maroon clown


Corals
Assortment lps, few sps such as montis, shrooms etc.

I do a 5 gal water change everyweek. Not planning on buying a skimmer..

Let me know how everythings looking and sounding to u guys.. Thanks reef family!!

5/03- my kessil has just arrived got it installed with the kessil gooseneck. I love it. I cant wait to start adding sum corals
b3595bc550488d3c87f196fe7d87eda2.jpg
8a67f722edb4a52cc7e12ad2cafae9f0.jpg


5/05- Just bought another small rock that i thought was cool and a peppermint shrimp idk why sort of an impulse buy smh ‍♂️

c855575e6e26be53df148ad5292e79c1.jpg
he is currently acclimating. I’ll post more pics of everything later when he’s settled and my light comes on in my aquarium.

Update 5/07 went to the store again bought a gold striped maroon clown and a few small branch rocks and i also picked up few free frags from my brother that he was willing to give me here are a few pics
98e0156b97b7ac4da92a7e7ca6dc202b.jpg
4b10bdeed60fd7a2c5828c68da2fb229.jpg
679e12fbd981a3ba0c13c0e22a70ac16.jpg
a5ab4b5ac9696dce053ecd822e7d235d.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new