Med combination confirmation

Twodogsnnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm that I can combine General Cure and Kanaplex? Can I dose both in the tank while also including in food? I have a clown with white stringy poop and a pop eye (pop eye came after a freshwater dip). No flukes were observed.
Thanks, Kyle

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can combine the two but GC alone should take care of internal parasites. For the pop eye try adding Epsom salt, make sure it’s not scented, if that doesn’t work usually erithromycin is the go to treatment.

OP
OP
Twodogsnnc

Twodogsnnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can combine the two but GC alone should take care of internal parasites. For the pop eye try adding Epsom salt, make sure it’s not scented, if that doesn’t work usually erithromycin is the go to treatment.

How do I dose epson salt (how much/ frequency)? Any negative effect on other fish? It’s a 20 gallon qt tank. Thanks.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I dose epson salt (how much/ frequency)? Any negative effect on other fish? It’s a 20 gallon qt tank. Thanks.

1 tablespoon per 5 gallon, can repeat in 48hrs. It’s just magnesium sulfate so no negative effects unless heavily overdosed.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 76.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 3.8%
Back