OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unthinkable happened, and Luxo the evil clownfish managed to make it onto probation, and has returned to main society. I had a freshwater pufferfish that got sick, so I needed a free QT tank as soon as possible. The best option I had at the moment was my clownfish prison tank. So, it looks like Luxo is getting a second chance…
7FC5CDEF-19F1-4D25-A2BE-6222E4ADBD8A.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unthinkable happened, and Luxo the evil clownfish managed to make it onto probation, and has returned to main society. I had a freshwater pufferfish that got sick, so I needed a free QT tank as soon as possible. The best option I had at the moment was my clownfish prison tank. So, it looks like Luxo is getting a second chance…
Hopefully she behaves… My black photon challenges all of the other guys (Even managed to be brave enough to fight the foxface!). The only two fish I have yet to see her go for are the CBB and the Jade Wrasse, the other 7 fish have all been against my black photon and she somehow won even against a Twinspot Bristletooth Tang!

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Uh-oh...back with a vengeance! LOL

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at her... with those dead eyes, casting forward the shadows of the abyss... be careful, one drop of human blood and the true form will be unleashed.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. She will most likely be back in the system shortly.
1651502843018.png

Not a rabbit, but it still applies. I hope that Luxo behaves, but she probably won't.
Uh-oh...back with a vengeance! LOL
Look at her... with those dead eyes, casting forward the shadows of the abyss... be careful, one drop of human blood and the true form will be unleashed.
you all are so supportive :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have her fill out terms and conditions and what will happen when a violation occurs.
More like the police came knocking on the door and said “Behave or jail time”

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I’d like you all to meet Luxo, the most evil clownfish out there!
777A4342-73C0-486B-996D-909A1C2C1AED.jpeg

It started out with two tiny ocellaris clownfish, no larger than an inch. They quickly made a nice home in the quarantine tank, and even formed a close pair inside their small PVC pipe. Things seemed to be going great with them! Luxo would occasionally kick Nemo out then invite him back in, which was quite normal in pairing behavior from what I could tell.

Fast forward a few weeks, and they were the first two fish in my display tank (at least in a very long time)! They did typical clownfish stuff—hosted my torch coral to death, picked on the inverts, and so on. At this point, something became noticeably off about Luxo. She stuck very close to her torch (my second torch, that is… :rolleyes:), warded off Nemo, and made water changes a hassle, starting to follow my hand wherever it went.

80FE65B1-0E32-4438-9674-BC2CB5124598.jpeg

Nemo (top) and a tiny Luxo (bottom) in their early days.

A few months later, enter Eve, the Aurora goby. At the introduction of this fish, something snapped inside Luxo, and she decided to harass Nemo to death. It was upsetting, but definitely something that happens from time to time in clown pairs. That was barely the bad part. I could not even attempt to clean the algae at this point. The little bugger would literally jump out of the water just to bite my hand! There were instances in which she’d even draw blood! A one-inch fish leaving marks!! It was here that I knew I had a mean-a** fish.

Over three months later I tested my fish luck again, and added a royal gramma. Luxo actually handled this quite well! The gramma, named Zurg, was able to hold its own and evade the clownfish. The two hung out often, with few signs of aggression. Of course, my hand was still the primary victim to the “devilfish”.

Well fast forward a little while longer, and I chose to round off the stocking with a firefish. Luxo seemed well behaved at this point, and only cared about its “anemone” (a ticked off torch). But things went swimmingly—for a bit. Luxo snapped, and one night I noticed her chasing around the poor firefish. The firefish was faster though. Then the firefish disappeared. At first I checked the sump, then the floor, then concluded that it was finished off. It sucked, but I suppose I’d have to stick with three happy fish. Or two…

After coming back from a weekend trip, I noticed the obvious absence of my royal gramma. Instead, there was a fat clownfish proudly swimming across its tank, surveying its whole territory. It no longer hosted the torch too much. The world was its torch coral! At the time, I didn’t really believe that the rapid deaths of my firefish and royal gramma were the clown’s fault. In fact, I assumed that once more, there was a disease outbreak. Thus, I netted an angry Luxo and stuck her into a quarantine tank. The goby was too difficult to catch, and at this point I was making plans to upgrade my tank.

Over a month later, nothing showed up on the goby, and I grew suspicious that Luxo was the actual disease within the tank…

These suspicions grew when I upgraded the tank, and was finally able to catch the goby and put her into the quarantine tank with Luxo. Not within two hours, I checked in on the fish and found Luxo angrily swimming around, with a completely shredded up goby. My initial reaction was “oh, God, she did it again,” and at this point knew that she murdered every other fish, all behind my back. But this time, I got her!! Fortunately, the goby was still alive, though definitely shaken up. I decided to skip quarantining the goby and gave her a nice home in the 40 breeder. Sadly, she now has a very screwed up tail with no signs of healing.

4CC03025-91A4-4A3F-B5A8-110224FAC54F.jpeg

So, I believe I learned my lesson to never trust a clownfish. Or, at least this one. At the moment, I have no intention of moving Luxo into the larger tank, but I also can’t get rid of her. It’s weird—as evil as she is, she’s still my little clownfish friend! After all, she is my profile pic!! So for now, it’s fishy jail for Luxo! Bad clownfish, bad!!

6D5A40F2-7DBA-4CFB-B980-6224DB70F2F2.jpeg

I hope you enjoyed my little story, and I hope I taught a valuable lesson to anyone who thinks clownfish are fun, friendly, and cute. Spoiler alert, they ain’t…
Spent an hour with my hand in the tank yesterday. All the while my clown about 2 inches long attacked constantly. It too has drawn blood on me. Now I wear a vinyl glove and fight the *^%*(() back great fun I think she enjoys it . However sometimes I start concentrating on what I am doing and she will jump me scaring me lol

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two fish enter, one fish leaves.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically in a tank with clowns, dottyback and damsel it’s my Blenny with the iron fist. Only one to go after my hand when working in tank. Go figure.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 202 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back