Megabite's 180 Reef - Round 2

My Yellow Wrasse was no problem with Berghia but your six-line likely would be.
Agreed. The yellow is pretty mellow. The six line can be a devil. Much more aggressive and chases the yellow around once in a while for kicks I think.

Here's a better pic of the new guy.
4J9A1456.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hopefully Frank the Filefish horks down all your aips!

I'd always hoped to get some pyramid butterflies for stuff like that. They can eat them, sometimes, and are really pretty to boot.
 
Hopefully Frank the Filefish horks down all your aips!

I'd always hoped to get some pyramid butterflies for stuff like that. They can eat them, sometimes, and are really pretty to boot.
I didn’t know about pyramid butterfly’s and eating aiptasia. I will check them out. BUT, how can you deny the beauty of this face?
IMG_0909.png



proud spongebob squarepants GIF
 
My shrimp did nothing and I’m afraid that my wrasse will eat the Berghia. And they’re pricey for the amount I may need in the 180. Never heard of the Molly Miller. I may need to get one.

In any case, the file fish is in the tank! I will snap a couple of pics.
I have a Molly Miller. He doesn't touch Aiptasia. Some are reported to eat them though.
 
I didn’t know about pyramid butterfly’s and eating aiptasia. I will check them out. BUT, how can you deny the beauty of this face?
IMG_0909.png



proud spongebob squarepants GIF
Good call. I dig her!
 
BTW - your thread had 4 pages of comments on it yesterday. How about you keep that number lower. I don't have the time to spend catching up on a thread of this level.
 
BTW - your thread had 4 pages of comments on it yesterday. How about you keep that number lower. I don't have the time to spend catching up on a thread of this level.
It was hoping around here yesterday!
 
BTW - your thread had 4 pages of comments on it yesterday. How about you keep that number lower. I don't have the time to spend catching up on a thread of this level.
Good thing I or no one else brought up anything about food or took a picture of what they’re eating. There would have been 3X more pages. Talk about coffees can also do that to some extent.

Speaking of coffee, anything interesting or special this morning, Tim?
 
Last edited:
Nothing interesting. A blended variety of two different locations.

Central America and Brazil. It's a medium roast Donut Shop with a strong flavor. Not fruity, not super smooth, but a good flavor. Maybe some molasses undertones.
 
Nothing interesting. A blended variety of two different locations.

Central America and Brazil. It's a medium roast Donut Shop with a strong flavor. Not fruity, not super smooth, but a good flavor. Maybe some molasses undertones.
When I do K-Cups, Donut Shop is one of my favorites.
 
When I do K-Cups, Donut Shop is one of my favorites.
I believe this is a Java Factory Donut Shop rather than Donut Shop brand. But there are definitely some nice, smooth Donut Shop blends out there.
 
For coffee, I just make myself a large espresso each morning and sip throughout the day. My favorite bean to grind for a while now I get from Costco. Nothing special, but love the taste.

View attachment 4553666
 
A quick Franky update. She (according to Tim) is doing well. Haven't seen any aggression towards her and starting to roam the tank a bit. Color looks much lighter and relaxed. When I fed frozen food this morning, she ate pretty aggressively so I think she will adapt well in the tank. Now to see if she starts eating aiptasia.

Fingers crossed.

4J9A1457.jpg
 
Last edited:
For coffee, I just make myself a large espresso each morning and sip throughout the day. My favorite bean to grind for a while now I get from Costco. Nothing special, but love the taste.

View attachment 4553666
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe to a second crack and then slightly further to release a little more of the oils is a favorite of mine when I decide to roast my own coffee beans from green. I've had a couple of cups of Yirgacheffe that was pre roasted. Still good but it seems to miss some of the chocolatey flavors that I find with the fresher roasted Yirgacheffe beans.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new