Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody! I’ve been putting this stuff in my old thread for my 75 gallon tank, but decided it was time to start an actual build thread for the new tank. It seems that every year I upgrade. Well, this time I’m going really big! Well, really big for me ;) I’m moving my 75 gallon mixed reef into a 180 gallon Duel Overflow tank (72x24x24). The tank will be going into the wall of the living room with the bedroom behind becoming a fish room. Yup, the hubby is actually ok with this. He’s not overly happy about it, but he’s ok with it. The plan is to set up the 180 mostly complete and let it cycle properly before adding the livestock from the 75 to it. Nice and slow. The tank should be arriving soon and construction will start on the fish room when it does. This is mostly because my husband has to help me with this and refusing to do anything at all until the tank arrives.

The fish room with carpet and extra furniture removed:
upload_2016-10-25_20-52-58.png

The new Maxspect Gyre XF 250 with controller for the new tank. This should do nice things when coupled with the MP 40 already in the 75.
upload_2016-10-25_20-53-19.png

An idea how the tank placement will look on the living room side.

upload_2016-10-25_20-53-36.png

And the stand arrives! I had a friend build it for me since my wood working skills are sub-par for sure. It’s very solid and perfectly square. I’ll have to do some shimming on the not-so-great concrete floor, but it will do just fine. I’m going to lay some plywood on the top and something in the bottom to catch spills that might happen. Not decided just yet. After the tank arrives we will need to strip off the drywall and baseboards, then carefully remove the lower studs from the wall without (hopefully) messing up the drywall on the living room side of the wall.

upload_2016-10-25_20-53-53.png

I’m hoping to have the tank tomorrow or Thursday. I’m also working a deal for the guys at the store to deliver it for me. I’m hoping this will only cost me a pizza. We shall see…. Stay tuned!!

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meredith is going big time...so excited for you. This is going to be awesome watching this come together.

Thanks!! I'm super excited too! Pretty nervous about getting it right, but mostly excited :)
Go for it, big is better!
I know right! I totally agree.
We have a build thread!!!! :D

So when are you adding fish? :rolleyes:

:p:p
Eh, maybe in a week or two. lol The tank just arrived so I'm getting serious about planning my stock list. I have to get another 10 gallon tank for TTM since I broke my other one too.
100% Definitely watching this one.
Thanks for following!
Oh yea!! Awesome!
Thanks!
How exciting! Congrats on the upgrade! that is going to look STUNNING when complete! Following.
I sure hope your right! Thanks for following!
Thanks!

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what arrived today at the store!!! Best Wednesday ever! She's big, she's beautiful and she's on her way to my house tomorrow! (I hope) A friend is doing me a favor in exchange for a free lunch. I hope he comes through for me. (everybody cross your fingers and say a little prayer)

14702458_1571754309516739_953337740880547312_n.jpg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have NO time for this young lady ;)
Diesel was in town last Saturday and will be cruzing back through the Big-D next week I hope if not the following.
I hope I can see some of your build, oh yes I can be a hand if you want as I have always tools on the truck.
Congrats young lady on the 180 :)

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have NO time for this young lady ;)
Diesel was in town last Saturday and will be cruzing back through the Big-D next week I hope if not the following.
I hope I can see some of your build, oh yes I can be a hand if you want as I have always tools on the truck.
Congrats young lady on the 180 :)

Yes sir!! I'd love to have you over! Just let me know when :D

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir!! I'd love to have you over! Just let me know when :D

I will do that.
We need to celebrate that 180 beast and will take you and your family out for dinner after you filled me in on the blue prints.
Start thinking about a fish or coral as Diesel will bring a surprise after it is coral or fish ready.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do that.
We need to celebrate that 180 beast and will take you and your family out for dinner after you filled me in on the blue prints.
Start thinking about a fish or coral as Diesel will bring a surprise after it is coral or fish ready.

You're so amazing my friend! I look forward to your visit. We'll definitely have to go to dinner and I'd love your input on my plans. Give me a good heads up and I can make sure Richard is off that night too!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when is the build thread for the three hundred coming?
Congrats I might have missed it but what 180 did u get marineland or aqueon? i will be good that big or bigger and am thinking aqueon because I can get a new one pretty cheap.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when is the build thread for the three hundred coming?
Congrats I might have missed it but what 180 did u get marineland or aqueon? i will be good that big or bigger and am thinking aqueon because I can get a new one pretty cheap.

I went marineland because I could get a better deal on that brand through the store. From what I've heard, at this size, both brands are about on par with each other. I haven't seen any real issues with these brands on this size tank either. They tried to talk me into a custom build, but they gotta start paying me more before I can shell out that kinda moola. ;) Oh and with my track record, it'll be about a year and a half before I upgrade to the 300. lol <--- my husband would probably strangle me in my sleep!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back