Merry Christmas and what’s wrong with my torch

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch has never done this when the blues come on. Tonight it’s got super tiny. Is this thing getting ready to try to bail?! I tagged dying because I need to change something if it’s getting too much flow or what’s going on here before it bails. Usually it’s fluffier than this when the blues are going down. They’ve been ramping down slowly though so I think it might be closing up for the night but I’m worried. Second pic is what it looked like about a week ago while the blues were just coming on.

3DBDA071-29D0-4926-9257-1D8B1EF55BB1.jpeg 5E232B6B-5262-48AC-95D5-355027B20B8A.jpeg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry. It’s not uncommon for torches to retract occasionally for a variety of reasons (to expel waste, to do a water change essentially, because something irritated it), if nothing else has changed and parameters are good, if just give it some time.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry. It’s not uncommon for torches to retract occasionally for a variety of reasons (to expel waste, to do a water change essentially, because something irritated it), if nothing else has changed and parameters are good, if just give it some time.
That’s kinda what I figured I’ve just never noticed it this deflated. I’ve had it a long time and haven’t changed anything so I’d say it’s fine then

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back