Metal Halide question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sublime01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sublime01

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Brazil
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to buy a Metal Halide from Marine Color and I would like to know what the ideal color temperature is for it, will it light up a frag tank of Softs corals... I'm in doubt between 10,000k and 14,000k, which of these best promote coral growth??
 
I'm going to buy a Metal Halide from Marine Color and I would like to know what the ideal color temperature is for it, will it light up a frag tank of Softs corals... I'm in doubt between 10,000k and 14,000k, which of these best promote coral growth??
both should provide excellent growth. 10k is going to look more "natural".
 
I use 14k and it gives me great colours and growth for my SPS dominant tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new