Meteor shower not doing good still.

One thing at a time. Focus on the sump. You can't pick a pump until the sump is completed and in place. Then you can calculate your head height and make a choice.
Ok so where do I start? I have the 20 gal long already do I get those dividers first?
 
An ATO will be a game changer for you. The cost can be decent for a good quality one (80-120) but they scale up to any system you may have in the future. And, they'll help with salinity and overall stability.

One other thing. I haven't had luck with cyphastrea yet either. I talked to Marc Levenson of melevsreef (huge source of info for me when I was first learning) and he suggested that some tanks just need to wait until they're ready for certain corals. I plan on waiting until the 1 year mark to try them again. Not saying that's your issue, but perhaps you will have future success.
For what it's worth, it's still alive, so you're close to getting things figured out for it. Hope it turns around :)
Yeah it might be that. My rainbow acan wasn’t doing good at first until I got an actual light that’s good enough for my coral and the next day i saw a change already. Now it went from 4 polyps to 10. I still see the little orange mouths in the middle of each one on my meteor so I’m hoping it will pull through thanks for the advise
 
Ok so where do I start? I have the 20 gal long already do I get those dividers first?

There is a lot to consider. How are you planning on getting the water from the tank to the sump?

If you are going to drill the tank, then you MUST empty the tank and place everything in holding buckets until the tank is drilled and bulkheads installed. If you don't want to drill, then a hang on back overflow is required.

You need to place your sump under your tank and install your drain and return plumbing. Once that's done, you can measure your head height and choose a return pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new