MH Par Assessment

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope you don't need any 250w DE bulbs from Hamilton anytime soon .

I just bought all they had. 16 - 14k and 4 - 20k.

20221219_202543.jpg
I've been thinking about doing the same with mogul, just to be safe hahaha. what's that the next decade or two worth of lamps?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been thinking about doing the same with mogul, just to be safe hahaha. what's that the next decade or two worth of lamps?
Well, I spoke to Dave at Hamilton a few times and he assured me that MH wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

However, since I bought all these, they are out of stock and I've noticed they're liquidating assets. I also purchased two Hamilton 250w Cayman Sun reflectors for 79 a piece.

Nothing is in stock for MH. Might be some Mogul. If you can afford it, I would buy them all. Email them and let them know I referred you. I'll PM you his email.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I spoke to Dave at Hamilton a few times and he assured me that MH wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

However, since I bought all these, they are out of stock and I've noticed they're liquidating assets. I also purchased two Hamilton 250w Cayman Sun reflectors for 79 a piece.

Nothing is in stock for MH. Might be some Mogul. If you can afford it, I would buy them all. Email them and let them know I referred you. I'll PM you his email.
I spoke with him a bit ago and he said he'll be getting more Cozumel Sun reflectors in July. I was holding out for those so hopefully that's still the case.

Appreciate it!

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my lights. Not sure it would be worth putting another fixture since it will be mainly over the center brace (it’s glass but is always dirty.). I’ve taken the xho strips off the third fixture and installed them outside of the halides.

image.jpg image.jpg
The center brace is offset a little due to the peninsula style overflow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just installed à Hamilton 10k bulb in one of my fixtures. I had a bulb from my previous build with an arc tube without any burn marks, so I decided to install it. I really like the light, crisp white light with a hint of blue. I ordered a few more bulbs and will change out both to brand new bulbs and use the current 10k as a backup.

im going to let it ride with the 10m bulbs for a while and see if the increased par will help color up my acros. I’ll install the third fixture if the par is still too low and my corals are lacking color. I’ll need to borrow the club par meter to see how the bulbs differ.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • D/C

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Both

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 19.2%
Back