Mh. Vs LED

  • Thread starter Thread starter erironmsn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

erironmsn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see what people think I'm running a 400 watt Mh radium 20 over my 65 now what are your ideas on led. Minus the cost of running mh
 
If energy consumption wasn't so hight I'd keep it I'm looking for led s but am very happy with mh and there track record
 
I have considered the reef spectrum P 47 or upgrading my MH from 150watt to 250watt. Not sure what to do. LEDs are finally were I feel they can produce the spectrums needed to grow corals not just make them look pretty. Not all LEDs are created equal ether so buyer be ware.
 
I am having great growth with LED's. It is actually much better than I was having with metal halide.
 
I am a big believer of MH T5 combo when growing SPS. If your not doing SPS, I would go with LED.
 
If your thinking of switching the type of light you use, find out if there are other hobbyists in your area running the type of light your considering. Nothing beats seeing the light for yourself.
 
I'm getting the same growth and color with my DIY LED as I did with a 400watt MH and 20K bulb. I have a 30" deep 210 and have SPS all the way to the bottom.

IMO anyone who says you cant have a great SPS tank without a MH / T-5 combo is closed minded.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new