OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around this morning to gluing it all together. I think next step is water! I'm still waiting for the red sea fittings for so I can use the red PVC for the other pipes, but for now i'll just use this one for the return and stock ones for the other two.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added fresh water to test for leaks. One small one right after the pump. Apparently those union fittings work better with the o-ring in them! Not sure how it fell out, but luckily had a spare one around.

At first the system was super loud. Like three bathrooms flushing at the same time. I played a little with the knob, now it is perfectly silent. Now i only hope it stays this way once i switch over to sale water, which will probably next weekend as im only starting to make the ro/di water now.

I also played around a bit with some new rocks. This arch will likely be on one side and the other side i'll bring over the rocks i have in the biocube. I'm going to first try have them wedged together with no glue or material. Lets hope that works out without major avalanches. Also, looks like the T-rex floats, so that will either be glued to a rock or be relegated back to the kids toy bin.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought some LED lights for under the cabinet. Got these for about $16 on the internet. This is a 5 foot strand. I wish it was longer (maybe 10 feet so i can wrap all of the inside). I find that the motion sensor is not working as well as i would like. I have to tap it a couple of times after i open the door for it to react. I am thinking of switching over to a mechanical switch with another LED product and returning this one...

In other news I added salt water and sand to the tank this weekend. Sand made things very cloudy for about 48 hrs. Now there is a thin film of sand/dust everywhere i have to clean. Oh well, maybe i should have rinsed the sand first?

I went with Caribs special grade. Got two bags of 20 lbs, but I ordered one more today. 2 bags was little thin. I have two MP40s on reef crest mode at about 40%, and they dont move the sand around too much. Once i put rock work in, i feel it will be even less.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yay it's coming along!

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank cleared up nicely, but the sump seems to have acquired a bit of dust from the new sand...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wipe it off! :D

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been shopping for a cabinet light as well. I'll let you know if I find anything good.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very good eye! That is coming from the room lights above and the shadow is from the LED light fixture. I noticed it too the other day when I saw a shimmer but only blues were on at about 20%. It made me look twice.

Coverage is actually very good from the LEDs. I like them a lot. I also have the 120 degree filter, but all that does is cause lots of spillover of light into he room. I tried it once, but it was no good for my room setup.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been shopping for a cabinet light as well. I'll let you know if I find anything good.

Yes, please let me know if you find something good. My solution is ok for now, but I think I need to change it long term.

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5417.JPG
IMG_5418.JPG
Hi Rerana, I picked up this light for my 425. It's mounted in the front for easy access to the switch. I'm happy so far...

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5417.JPG
IMG_5418.JPG
Hi Rerana, I picked up this light for my 425. It's mounted in the front for easy access to the switch. I'm happy so far...

Thanks! That is nice and bright. Are you getting one for the other side too?

I am not liking the one I got. Motion detection does not works as good as i would like. Then it shuts off often when i have the door open.

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't decided about the other side. There is a 12 inch version that should be a good fit.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i finally have the tank officially up and running. Added two fish and a few zoas (they were attached to the rock i brought over from my current tank). The other two fish (diamond goby and a blue damsel) are impossible to catch and ill bring them over when i try to get the rest of the rock over. The other rock has most of the coral and i am going to wait a month or two before bringing it over. It should make the right side a bit larger than the new arch once it is all in there. Rockscape will be a work in progress over next few weeks.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finishing setting up my ATO. I am using the Tunze 3155 ATO system and a dog food container for temporary water storage. Eventually i will want to upgrade to a 10-12 gallon acrylic container. I also just bought a magnetic ATO pump holder made out of acrylic from Blue Tide Acrylics. Has worked out very well, now the pump is upright versus hanging on its side. Also got a new fish, an orange anthia. I would eventually like to get at least two more like it. One of the clowns and a shrimp wanted to get in on the photo there...

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, after like 4 months, red sea sent me the replacement parts I was missing to finish up the custom drain pipes. Lets hope i can find what i had built. Probably lost somewhere in the house by now.

Also, some new coral has gone into the tank over the last few weeks. A hot pink bird nest, a blue(purple)/green chalice and an ORA Birds of Paradise.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Still haven't had a chance to finish the plumbing with the red sea pieces i received, but maybe next weekend. I did add the remaining rock from my old tank and moved over the majority of the coral.

Some update shots.

OP
OP
rerana

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little bit, but its because the tank is cycling. It showed up about a week ago. The old tank was super clean and sterile for at least a year.

Im hoping that the new rock will either be covered in coralline soon or that the tank will do its thing and get stable. fingers crossed.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.2%
Back