Mico bubbles

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! In addition to checking the skimmer, you may also want to make sure that there is no bubbles or air going into the return pump, that the return pump exit is below the water surface, and that there are no leaks at any joint in the return piping.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a red sea max e 170 all in one. Blowing micro bubble. And suggestions on why or how to stop it. If tried messing with the skimmer and the pump.
Check skimmer as Peace River suggested and also assure the water level where return pump sits is at least 2-3" above the pump

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea max e 170 all in one. Blowing micro bubble. And suggestions on why or how to stop it. If tried messing with the skimmer and the pump.

Welcome! Glad you joined. There is already good info here and given you have a Red Sea AIO likely those are your probable root causes. Red Sea tanks tend to get all the kinks out for people... Then there are people with DIY sump solutions (me!) that are also fighting microbubbles. I've been tweaking my system to eliminate microbubbles, so I feel your pain... though my possible solutions would be different due to my very different setup on my FOWLR 60g newish tank.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in 27557:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
K

KR redsea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble are definitely coming from the skimmer. The water level has to be dang near perfect to control them.. ATO helps.. I have sponges and media in the back to help break them before they pump out. It helps. Going to convert it into a sump with he kit soon anyways.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back