Micro bubbles!!!!!!!

SaltedReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Myers Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting micro bubbles blowing out of my return from my sump. It's not my skimmer or overflow. It's from the water dropping into the pump chamber making tiny bubbles. I have bio balls In the return chamber in hopes of stopping it but no luck. Any ideas?
 
I was using floss filter in the baffle before the return to help remove larger particles. I removed it yesterday and was getting tons of micro bubbles. I had to raise the level of the water in the return chamber a little and that fixed the problem.
 
For anyone watching this thread I put a 90 degree elbow on the return pump facing away from the baffle and it seems to have done the trick
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new