micro bubbles

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i just got my new pump and i noticed there’s micro bubbles everywhere so i checked everything the fittings and all of that and still. it looks like dust in my tank and the pump i got is a sicce micraplus

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your pulling air from somewhere. Usually a pvc connection.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i’m gonna try that again i think it’s because of the water level though so i made it higher and that seemed to work
Yes, you want a few inches of water above your return pump intake.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you want a few inches of water above your return pump intake.
yea it seemed to work it makes sense i had mine like 2 inches below the second part also when i raised it up my new return pump seemed to get stronger

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Turn skimmer all the way down and gradually bring it up, Assure skimmer is in water 6-8" and microbubbles are not making it to the return pump

Blacour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you fixed your problem but wanted to share this, I have had a problem with micro bubbles in DT but it seemed I was only getting a burst of bubbles every So often, so I thought that I must be sucking air through a pvc fitting somewhere and that it was building up then eventually releasing all at once, but I have been home a lot recently and watching the tank more often so I happened to notice what the real cause was I was looking in the return section of my sump when the ATO came on I then noticed that it was directed right at my return line intake the top off was forcing air bubbles in the intake when it came on I simply moved it over and problem solved not saying this is everyone’s case but definitely something to look for if you are getting pockets of air that only release randomly

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you fixed your problem but wanted to share this, I have had a problem with micro bubbles in DT but it seemed I was only getting a burst of bubbles every So often, so I thought that I must be sucking air through a pvc fitting somewhere and that it was building up then eventually releasing all at once, but I have been home a lot recently and watching the tank more often so I happened to notice what the real cause was I was looking in the return section of my sump when the ATO came on I then noticed that it was directed right at my return line intake the top off was forcing air bubbles in the intake when it came on I simply moved it over and problem solved not saying this is everyone’s case but definitely something to look for if you are getting pockets of air that only release randomly
thanks for this but i don’t have that tank anymore and i had that same problem i’m my new tank thanks for the advice though

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back