Micro Scrubbing Bubbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've watched the video. I can see "They" believe "They" have the presence of nano bubbles with the "Carbon Ceramic" diffuser "They" produced and the equipment "They" used. There is no mention of the volume or quantity "They" are producing.

Now "We" must test whether "We" are able to even produce nano bubbles with the primitive, by comparison, wood diffuser and simple pump "We" have access to.

I know this may come across as combative but it's getting old seeing the same old info regurgitated over and over of what "Others" are doing. Especially when "They" are using highly specialized $3400.00 diffusers and equipment that "We" do not have access to. I understand if you don't have the answers to these questions and a simple "I don't know" would be suffice. I love your passion but it would be nice to see something relevant to what us hobbyists can do. But saying I've seen it done and reproducing it are two different things. I just don't see the point of arguing over what the benefits or detrimental effects of nano bubbles is if we can even define the presence of them in a fish tank using what's available to us. I don't have the time at the moment to do this test. I am willing to put my money into the kitty for someone who does have the time and ability to do it. Isn't the dollar per gallon sale going on again now? I'll buy the two 20 gallon tanks for the test.
Ok, not upset, frustrated in not being able to communicate clearly without definitives...

We would need to know the smallest visible particulates to measure. With assumption that bubbles will and can change size.

Thank you.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it's in the nature of working in process controls. In controls, my job is to analyze and to think of all effecting variables such as particle size, then program around it or develop a solution to the probability of inconsistency...

Thank you, though.

You are the only one asking for that level of detail. Everyone else is asking for simple stuff.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarification:

Micro is a term for something small.
Nano is a term for something smaller than that.

So is it accurate to call a nano-reef tank nano, when a tank smaller than that is called a micro-reef tank?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been on my mind since this topic started when it comes to sps and there mucus I was always under the impression that they do this 1 for defense 2 for capturing food (correct me if I'm wrong) but now you are saying its a good thing
Almost forget lol also when acros let out there mucus won't it be a problem if it touches other corals

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it accurate to call a nano-reef tank nano, when a tank smaller than that is called a micro-reef tank?

Good question! :)

Cruz do you have reef tank? Do you have way to measure pH? Or could you borrow one from a local reef club?

wooglins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was discussed years ago as a method for increasing the PH in reef aquariums to help with stale home syndrome. Back in the day the technique was to use the air pump to pull air from outside the home and run that air through a bag of carbon to negate the possibility of contaminates outside the home.

The problem is most homes are so well insulated that limited amount of fresh air is present compared to outside the home. Our air conditioners recycle the same air over and over with no mechanism to introduce outside air into the home. Buy running a bubble stone you increase the amount of stale are that enters the water column which can help to negate the effect by increasing the amount of air that enters the aquarium even though it is still stale.

I do believe their can be a positive effect if your have stale air in your home, but it is not magic, just getting the right amount of fresh air into the water column.

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it's in the nature of working in process controls. In controls, my job is to analyze and to think of all effecting variables such as particle size, then program around it or develop a solution to the probability of inconsistency...

Thank you, though.
OK then. If that's the case why are you having a hard time with what everyone is asking? We're just doing what you do every day at work. No one is attacking you.

I'm really enjoying this thread and hopefully we'll all learning something. But it's time to come to the table with something new. If you don't have an answer say so, it's ok and better than "it's nature". You'll come across better.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarification:

Micro is a term for something small.
Nano is a term for something smaller than that.

Both nanobubble and mircobubble are defined terms.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB_IMG_1459894558275.jpg

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both nanobubble and mircobubble are defined terms.
What is the definition Richard, if you would please.

That way you've solidified the size constraints. And we can move forward.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micro-nanos are all bubbles in between the size of what's defined as Micro and what's defined as Nano...

Hence the term micro/nanobubbles

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: anecdotal or otherwise, does this work? So far, we have plenty of reefers overseas practicing this method and showing anecdotal positives... is this a fluke that hobbyists are seeing positive results?
Has anyone taken the time to see what was the root cause of some of the common hobbyists' issues?

With this last thought, yes, we'll do some rudimentary testing and post up results the way that @Squamosa has.

Until the next time, try it or not, all we know is that our tanks are doing very well. It's your hard earned money.
No one will or should force anyone to do anything.

I won't. Just saying there's another way to reef and we got the corals to prove it.

Thank you.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not read the whole thread*****

Why is there so much bickering ( That I see)?? Its friggin bubbles. No harm. No foul. My tank has never been so clean, at least in terms of detritus. If I take a turkey baster and blow off the rock, nothing comes off...nothing. 20 fish and I feed twice a day.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been on my mind since this topic started when it comes to sps and there mucus I was always under the impression that they do this 1 for defense 2 for capturing food (correct me if I'm wrong) but now you are saying its a good thing
Almost forget lol also when acros let out there mucus won't it be a problem if it touches other corals

Bump

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: anecdotal or otherwise, does this work? So far, we have plenty of reefers overseas practicing this method and showing anecdotal positives... is this a fluke that hobbyists are seeing positive results?

We have been over this a million times. People do lots of things that they they are helping that aren't actually helping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back