MicroBacter Start XLM and Quick cycl ammonia

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have purchased MicroBacter dry rock bacteria Starter kit. Have a couple questions relating to the cycling.

It will be a fishless cycle. And i have a waterbox 70.2 gal (262L) total water volume obviously rock and sand will reduce this volume.

After reading instructions about how much and how to add the MicroBacter Start XLM

I am unable to find when to the ammonia. Is this done straight away or is it done on day 2, 3,4??

I will be measuring the Ammonia levels after I add the MicroBacter Start XLM just incase it already reads at 1ppm or 2ppm. If so i wont need to add Ammonia, is this correct.

Any help in regards to cycling would be greatly appreciated.

16066263772483709943479125176090.jpg

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a perfect read thanks heaps for this will try and follow your same process but in the tank.

Cheers
You can for sure do that. I used the brute due to my circumstances. But moving forward that is how I will always start my systems. All you are doing is seeding the substrate so water volume can be kept small

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back