Midas Blenny behavior

Kbrow0810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on my second Midas blenny since getting into reef keeping, and it is also the third that I have been around often. My first little fellow succumbed to an error in dosing/ph swing on my part.

When I set up my biocube, it was with full intention for a Midas blenny and a couple gobies. Thus, I bought Goldilocks. Oddly enough, my little pal loves to hide. Unlike my other one who swam around a lot and loved to get in your face, she tends to just chill in a shadowy area until dinner time. The only exception is that she will usually come out and greet my daughter at the front glass.

Anyone else have any anecdotes on Midas blenny behavior?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is in QT right now. This is where he lives most of the time, though i notice that when I have the full whites on he swims around a lot more.

King.jpg

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine likes the lights on high too. I’ve had him for 2yrs now and he’s still a little shy why only blues are on (morning/evening), but once he got established he started coming out all the time during peak lighting hours

OP
OP
Kbrow0810

Kbrow0810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had her for about 3 months. I just recently switched to a kessil, so I am sure she will take some adjusting to that too.

OP
OP
Kbrow0810

Kbrow0810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is in QT right now. This is where he lives most of the time, though i notice that when I have the full whites on he swims around a lot more.

King.jpg

Yours is a tiny little bugger! I’m sure it’ll be great watching him grow.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old Midas Blenny had an extremely odd behavior around Lyretail Anthias... It turned dark colored and seem to mimick/semi-aggressve towards the Lytretail Anthias behavior... It was a really odd but cool sight to see. Their tailfins were similarly shaped. I wish I could explain it better.... but I keep an Orange spotted blenny now.

OP
OP
Kbrow0810

Kbrow0810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's maybe 2 to 2.5" long. Fun to watch though, great personality.

I’m hoping mine will develop a little more personality. She has beautiful pink markings, and a special affinity for my daughter. Mine is probably 4-4.5” long.

On the other hand, I have a molly miller blenny in my big tank that zooms all over the tank, and he greets you any time you get near.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine digs up my sandbed and pours it all over the tank :confused:

he's too cute to get mad at tho

@Squidward i've read a few places in nature they will school with lyretails for whatever reason. interesting yours was aggressive, i had mine with a single lyretail and they were buddies

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back