Midas Blenny hiding after fight

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My midas blenny got into with someone, he had a bite looking mark on his side, and some torn fins. Since then hes been hiding in his barnacle and he wont come out, even for food. Its been 2 days now. Do you think he will come back around or is he gone for? No one is bothering him now, no one is even going near his barnacle, hes just hiding down inside. Im a little upset because he was one of my favs. Other fish in the tank are Clown, Royal Gramma, Flame Hawk, Melanurus wrasse, and Banggie cardinal. I suspect the Banggie cardinal because the Blenny was bothering him and was in his "spot" of the tank, and I seen the banggie cardinal shaking at him. No other aggression from anyone.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if it’s been infected? That could cause some problems. Can you send some white light pics?
It may also still be hiding from the aggressor - you don’t always have to see aggression for it to be there.

OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the blenny died today. No sure what happened to him. All I could see was some torn up fins, not enough I would think would of been fatal, Ive seen fish in alot worse shape before. I didnt see any kind of infection on his body when I got him out. So I pretty bummed. He was a very interesting fish.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots could have happened. It may have been more banged up than you thought. Stress alone can be deadly.
Sorry about the blenny.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.9%
Back