Midas Blenny Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ironclad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ironclad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2023
Messages
76
Reaction score
33
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this midas blenny for almost 2 years now. The past couple of days he has stopped eating and just sits on his perch. Seems to be breathing heavily. It does not look like there is physically anything wrong with the fish. Is there anything that I can do for him? There are 2 clowns, purple tang, bristletooth tang, one spot foxface, and a mandarin that are all still eating like crazy and seem to be normal.
 
Keep an eye on this fish and be prepared to remove it if it dies, as they sometimes will.

Nothing else to do but pray and hope it snaps back.
 
With a lifespan of 2-5 years it may just be his time up. I had one for over 3 years and then one day realized he was gone. Got another as I love their personalities.
 
I've had this midas blenny for almost 2 years now. The past couple of days he has stopped eating and just sits on his perch. Seems to be breathing heavily. It does not look like there is physically anything wrong with the fish. Is there anything that I can do for him? There are 2 clowns, purple tang, bristletooth tang, one spot foxface, and a mandarin that are all still eating like crazy and seem to be normal.

I doubt there is anything you can do for this, sounds like it could be “old age” - in turn, that is often an internal mycobacteria infection.

If you post a clear video under white lights, I might be able to tell you more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new