OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siliconed the 1/4" ABS sheet down today.

IMG_20190912_193601.jpg

IMG_20190912_194546.jpg

Plumbing completely finished. Now to cement my aquascape and get the wiring in the controller wall routed... Water test should happen in the next 10-12 days!

eonflux123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing! You have nearly done everything that I have dreamed of for my own tank! The Sump: is it all PVC walls or is that a shell? I looked on MRC's website and could not find your sump on their website.

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing! You have nearly done everything that I have dreamed of for my own tank! The Sump: is it all PVC walls or is that a shell? I looked on MRC's website and could not find your sump on their website.

THANK YOU!

It's an MRC iSump. From their industrial line. The entire thing is PVC... it is HEAVY!

MrDellimore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must be an amazing feeling seeing it full and ready to go! You give me so much inspiration to get mine done. Love your progress so far man keep it coming!

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must be an amazing feeling seeing it full and ready to go! You give me so much inspiration to get mine done. Love your progress so far man keep it coming!

It is amazing! I'm going to finish up a couple small wire routing projects in the stand then pump in the other 40-50g to fill the sump/plumbing/reactors/overflow. Then pumps on and running everything for a day or so to leak test the system.

If that passes I'll be working on aquascape and will try to get the rock in within the next week or so.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you find inspiration in the progress... I'd love to see your build once you get it moving

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great planning and Great execution!!! I study flow a lot and tinker until I have symmetry in my SPS. Sometimes you can get to all parts of the tank but sometimes you can't. While you could get away with 4 MP40 on overflow wall it would result in your corals wanting to lean heavily towards the flow. You can add a 2 points of flow discreatly somewhere to chop up the MP40 and this would be ideal. I was gonna have 2 seaswirls at the far end and 2 MP60 on the overflow side. You can also add it later you won't need it to be perfect on day one. Best of luck and amazing job so far.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back