OP
OP
MJC

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, I'm trying to figure out my lighting on my softie tank. I run Orphek LEDs, do you have any idea what your getting for PAR or LUX at the waters surface at the peak of your lighting cycle?
Fragile as soon as possible I'll take some readings and let you know.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This caught my eye on Facebook and subscribing now, so I can go back and read more about this system. This what I have in mind for my new 125 and it looks like there is a ton of great inspiration here.

OP
OP
MJC

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, I'm trying to figure out my lighting on my softie tank. I run Orphek LEDs, do you have any idea what your getting for PAR or LUX at the waters surface at the peak of your lighting cycle?
Fragit I took some measurements with my par meter and on an average just under the water surface at the top page 550 all the way down to 150 at the bottom in different areas and everywhere in between. HOPE THIS HELPS

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I was already following this tank and just lost track of it. How on earth could I lose track of this one? Getting old, I suppose. :) One thing I really love about this tank that I haven't seen anyone mention - it is a peninsula tank, so the viewing area is much greater than the usual tank. All that awesomeness - all the way around!

Also really like the idea of that settling tank. Really wish I had room to incorporate that idea in my new build.

I had a 75 mixed tank about 10 years ago and the Pom Pom Xenia seemed easier to find back then. Beautiful coral and not that invasive for Xenia, since it grows from the single stalk. I had lots of softies and some SPS, but loved the softies more. I also love the full looking reefs, like yours. So much diversity of life and all of it thriving.

I have the same ATI Hybrid light fixture, so it is really awesome to see how awesome the colors look under it on your reef. Where do you have the ReefBrites mounted? I guess I am not looking in the right place in the pics.

Just like everyone else that has commented, I am blown away by this reef and it has reinforced my thoughts on going mixed reef - heavy on the softies - on my new tank. Thanks for keeping this tank thread going!

OP
OP
MJC

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fin I have the reefbrites one on each side so it is like I have a 10 bulb ATI lol. I really only use the for Dusk & Dawn hooked up to my apex. I have them hanging from the ceiling.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high do you have the light fixture above your tank?

OP
OP
MJC

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the bottom of your tank tiles?
I went with 3/4 in cutting board from http://www.cuttingboardcompany.com it is heavy and had them round over just the top. If you order from them call them and talk to them, many people have used them and when you tell them what it is for they know exactly what to do.

I got mine cut a inch short all the way around so it did not sit on the cylicone on the bottom of the tank. You need this inch all the way around because that is ware your detritus is going to settle.

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how about now forget flicker and Photobucket just use good old R2R :)
Screenshot_20170705-063305.png
Did this ever get an ID?

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By far the nicest tank I have seen. Great job mike as always. Happy and a healthy new year

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 63 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back