OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have to worry about the knuckleheads this year while working from home. We got about 8” here, ATV winch died on me about half way through, finished my driveway with the snow blower. How did you guys fair?
Not enough to bother shoveling.
Rained all day today.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
123120.jpg

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. I’m really trying to focus on understanding my tank chemistry and getting that dialed in. Also, really looking at an icecap 2K. Then change the scape up.
if you decide to do something like I did, msg me before you start. I got some tips on things I would do differently.
Happy New Year. :cool:

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just checked my work email.
from the boss...
Mike, when you get in Monday look in to this. We ordered the wrong ........... How did this happen?
Well boss I told you I don't know this customers spec. J. and I asked you what to use and instead of you looking in to it
you said to ask someone else. We figured it wasn't someone else's responsibility, it was yours like every other supervisor I have worked for here. So that's how it happened. :cool:

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked through your thread. Id have to say you have the most unique aquascape. Some photos made me think of the movie Avatar. How they ran through the trees and plants and animals fluoresced. Super cool!

I have a santa monica surf 2. Im pretty impressed with it. All the algae grows in there and not in my display. I was worried it wasn’t going to be as good as the waterfall style- but I would absolutely use them again on future builds.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked through your thread. Id have to say you have the most unique aquascape. Some photos made me think of the movie Avatar. How they ran through the trees and plants and animals fluoresced. Super cool!

I have a santa monica surf 2. Im pretty impressed with it. All the algae grows in there and not in my display. I was worried it wasn’t going to be as good as the waterfall style- but I would absolutely use them again on future builds.
thanks for visiting.
I'm probably going to use the SURF2 on my upcoming grow out build.
how long you been using the SURF2?

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for visiting.
I'm probably going to use the SURF2 on my upcoming grow out build.
how long you been using the SURF2?

Since August. The first one I got had a defective light. Santa monica sent me a new one no questions asked. It has been running well since and I pull loads out every week.

How do you clean yours? I just pluck it out with my hands but Santa Monica scrubs theirs in the sink. Im noticing thicker ball-like growth on the ends of the string.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since August. The first one I got had a defective light. Santa monica sent me a new one no questions asked. It has been running well since and I pull loads out every week.

How do you clean yours? I just pluck it out with my hands but Santa Monica scrubs theirs in the sink. Im noticing thicker ball-like growth on the ends of the string.
I have been just picking it clean. feed some to the foxface.
my growth comes and goes. hasn't been constant lately, so I threw some chaeto (lfs purchase) in it and have been harvesting that out. I run high nutrients anyways. mostly a softy tank. few blastos, few ephyllia, few montis.
no interest in acros.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 152 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back